Episode 1 - Mexico City #3


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Distrito Federal » Mexico City
February 4th 2007
Published: February 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post


Chapter Three - education and art

04-02-07

today did not start so well... i slept in haha (who would have thought i would do that!!) well anyway i got up around 1ish, and was making my way to the subway station when i decided to check out the Catedral Y Sagrario Metropolitano which was on the way. as it turns out today was sunday! (i have no idea what day it is usually) so there was a beautifull mass type thing and i lit a candle and everything. the church was so amazing because it was still used as a normal church by the locals... just imagine if ur local church was that amazing!!

well anyway then i was sitting down having lunch and a guy came up and started talking to me. you might be wondering why so many guys are coming up to me, but most of the time its because they know from my light hair that i dont come from here and are hopeing to practice their english with me. most of the guys ive met are english students. His name was Israel and i told him i was heading to the Jarin Del Arte (the garden of art) which is a normal park throughout the week but on sundays becomes an art fair. he offered to go with me and thank god he did cos im sure they would have charged me a million times more if he hadnt been there. the day was soooo beautifull, wandering around through this garden where the paths are lined with artwork! it was magical! i bought two beautifull semi abstract paintings which were just 30 bucks each, and also a statue for another 15.

after the art show i went off to the Museo Nacional De Antropologia which was amazing. i didnt have time to see it all, and a lot of it wasnt in english, but they had a wonderfull collection, especially of skulls and bones of our ancesters, in particular they had the skeleton of lucy who ive read about somewhere, possible in a short history of nearly everything, but shes very famous.... i think she might be the oldest skeleton ever found.

the museum also had a room for each culture that had lived in mexico, the aztecs, mayans, etc. so i had great fun running around on my own looking at all the crazy statues and artifacts.

as i was walking to the museum i came across a fairy floss seller... but the fairy floss was streaming out of the container into the street, and everyone was jumping up and twirling it around their hands! no one was buying any at all, it was just streaming out, there was a street light that had trails of fairy floss attatched to it, and the blew in the breeze into the street and onto cars! please watch the video to see what i mean!

later that night i was walking around looking the plaza sex capital when i bumped into a friend of the guy i met on the first night. he spoke no english but when he fould out i was heading to to ¨plaza sexy¨ he insisted on joining me, unfortunatly it was closed cos it was a sunday but we arranched in spanglish to meet the next night and go.

at 11 i met up with my ¨boyfriend¨ to ¨break it off¨ which involved a long conversation about how we should just be friends and me finally saying that i dont believe in sex before marriage, and ended in him proposing (but seriously, he wants a good girl like me haha).

after that is was off to bed cos i actually had something organise (if u can belive it) for the next day at 9 am!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0446s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb