Where I Stayed While Searching for a House to Live in San Cristobal de Las Casas


Advertisement
Published: January 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

There are many options for a traveler here in San Cristobal. The pricy hotels are certainly an option if you want to lay out the cash. I went to one of the local hostels to look at options. a private room with a private bath for 450 pesos per night. Other options they offered ranged from 98 peso per nigh per person in a shared dormroom accomodation. I reccomend that you come stay a a hostel or hotel for one night then look for less expensive lodgings. I have seen furninshed private rooms with all the amenities right here in centro for much less.

For the frugal traveler there are options. I finally decided to choose a higher end hotel and stayed for one night. The cost was paid 650 pesos with a cold cereal breakfast included and on day, two found a lovely Mexican woman with a private home located right in the historic center. I rented a private room with a Queen sized bed and private bath for 270 pesos per night. The room was cleaner than the hotel, the linens were impeccable, and she served a delicious hot breakfast included. I found the room by going around to the Plazas where there is a multitude of signs posted offering all kinds of services.

Other options that were even less expensive. The same homeowner also had a private room with a shared bath, (shared with one other person) for 160 pesos and yet an even less expensive dorm situation that slept 4 with a shared bath for 112 pesos per night per person.

All the amenities included cable, internet wifi, free local phone calls, linens, hot breakfast, use of a fully equipt kitchen, washer on premisis. A great deal.

You just have to look around.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0464s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb