Day 15 Campeche


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Campeche » Campeche
September 27th 2019
Published: September 27th 2019
Edit Blog Post

It’s our last day in Campeche and second last day in Mexico. Despite being by the sea the humidity is very high. We have a leisurely start at around 9 and by 5 past I’m soaked in sweat. Breakfast of scrambled eggs and then a walk around the square.



The girls go to the market and a museum. A dog befriends them and waits for them outside the market and follows them till he buys them a hamburger. They name him Ratty.



I head back to the hotel to work on the blog and my photos.



Wilko is very keen to see the sunset. First he has identified a cantina for a beer. I’m sceptical as it doesn’t look overly inviting for foreigners, but I am proved wrong and our host is clearly very excited to have us. Ice cold beers and bar snacks. I think he is disappointed when we leave after one beer. The sunset is a slight fizzer as it is cloudy but we aren’t the only ones and there are a bunch of locals out including Ratty who completely ignores the girls.



Up at the square we watch a Mexican band in the rotunda and then have dinner Casa Vieja. The waiter is very nice, food is OK. He gives us a spinach Margherita which is surprisingly good. At the end of the meal he pulls the old “visa not working routine”. We tough it out and wouldn’t you know it works.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0556s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb