Es un burro


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Baja California » Tijuana
May 16th 2006
Published: May 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

As we are only a stones throw away from the border it seemed churlish not to go across it. Not that we really found ourselves in Mexico. Tijuana is more like a gigantic discount pharmacy for Californians. The pharmacies even have touts out on the streets trying to entice customers in, you can buy just about anything except codeine or amphetamine based medications (although round the back streets........), Viagra and Cialis seem to be big sellers along with antibiotics and anti-herpes medication. Probably so you can get your moneys worth with cheap hookers and then hope you can clean up the resulting mess. Strangely the Corona tasted somewhat better south of the border, maybe because it’s half the price. Easiest border crossing ever going south, different story heading north. Wonder if it will be any easier if Georgie boy gets his way and deploys National Guard on the border. I somehow have a feeling that the demonstrations that will obviously take place may cause even more delays. Neighbours eh!

Tijuana was really funny, people trying to get you into pharmacies, bars or shops selling dodgy souvenirs, one guys line was ‘I’ll rip you off less’ - another was ‘I have better trash’! it was all good humoured, not threatening. Not sure about the way they painted the donkeys to make them look like zebra’s - but they all had food and water. Bun fight to get back over the border, but fun to nip over for a corona, the waiter understood the little spanish I had to offer - must try harder!



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0387s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb