Guerrero Negro


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Baja California Sur
February 18th 2007
Published: February 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Today we left our friends "from over the pond". We surely enjoyed Dave and Issy's company and support when we had our blow out! We enjoyed our "cocktail" hour everyday and our campfires. We have all vowed to get back together one day soon. Maybe even next year we might meet up! We had a great meal at the beach restaurant and learned a lot from our hostess/waitress, Ruth.

I got up early to catch the sunrise and it was a wonderful sight! Bay of Los Angeles is a really neat place just tucked away from everything. The city itself doesn't offer a lot but we certainly enjoyed walking around and seeing the sights it did have to offer. There was a large group of dolphins playing right out in front of us again!

We left at about 9 am and stopped to get the tires' air pressure checked. Of course, as Mike is putting in the air, I can hear him swearing at the "way things are done" here--instead of air going in, the air was coming OUT of the tires. So, I trekked into tell the guy and of course, the compressor was NOT turned on! This process delayed us a bit. Soon we were on our way out of town and headed to Guerrero Negro on the west coast. The drive was a bit treacherous with the hairpin curves and semis coming at us! Mike held to the road really well but it is a drive which requires a lot of concentration. Of course, EVERYTIME we were on a curve, a semi came!!!! This trip is definitely NOT for the faint of heart!!!

We finally arrived and had to go through the inspection checkpoint. WE are now officially in Baja del Sur so for some reason we are not allowed to bring in certain fruits and vegetables. I had some rotten apples so I didnt care and they took my potatoes. Odd enough, I had some red potatoes and they let those go! Go figure. I think the gal did not know what they were! Don't EVER try to figure out the logic in this country.

We hope to do some whale watching here as that is what it is famous for and loads of folks come here just to do that!

We also downloaded Yahoo Internet phone so if you get a call that sounds delayed, do NOT hang up !!! It will be us!






Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Power Source for the ENTIRE villagePower Source for the ENTIRE village
Power Source for the ENTIRE village

This power plant provides electricity to the entire town of 500. It goes on at 7 am and is turned off at 11 pm. wow....
The Yanks and the Brits step out!The Yanks and the Brits step out!
The Yanks and the Brits step out!

Our last night we all went out the the restaurant on the beach just next to our campground.


18th February 2007

Hello!
Hey, got your message! Glad all is well. All the pictures look kewl! All here is well. Miss ya! Love, Michael
19th February 2007

Beautiful
Kath, the pictures are beautiful. What I liked best was hearing your voice yesterdayt!!!!! Take care going on your next leg of your trip. Waiting for the whale pics!! Love.....
20th February 2007

Got your latest email and just read your latest of the 18th. Really enjoy and appreciate your good pictures....keep it up. And safe journey.

Tot: 0.224s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 56; dbt: 0.1191s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb