Comida and Bebida


Advertisement
Published: March 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

TamalesTamalesTamales

Looks lovely corn husk with bows, yummy tamales
Hola to all you comedians and thanks for the messages! (A special hello to Greta!) We really enjoyed your aussie humour especially because it is in English. Yes it’s true, we have done nothing but drink and eat. We have moved quickly from the 5 star restaurants down to the street stalls. Last night we enjoyed dinner under a plastic tent in the local plaza with a couple of young Canadians. Plastic table, chairs and tablecloths amongst all the excited Mexicans there to enjoy the sounds of Alejandra Guzmal and companions (a very popular pop singer ). We partook of tostados both the vegetarian and the meat varieties very yummy and healthy followed by the global drink - coke. Dinner cost us about $2 each but then Carol’s new habit shot the budget to pieces. She has moved on from margaritas to pina coladas, one drink later we had spent more than 3 times our dinner but …………..
I’ve rediscovered tamales, they make a great breakfast, corn maize with different fillings inside, a bit of chilli, veggies, chicken or meat, all cooked in a corn husk, makes a fantastic breakfast.
I thought we had been having earth tremors but now in hindsight I think it might have been dodgy construction, the walkways to the rooms at the posada look slightly fragile, all concrete but very thin…… Maybe Geoff and Gerard you could come over here and get into some concreting with more reo. Apparently there has been 17% growth in real estate values for the last 5 years.
Hasta luego Geri
Moving on today to a hippie artist colony on the pacific coast.


Advertisement



21st March 2006

Diet
Are you sticking to your diet. I guess your thoughts "What Dietary requirements"!!!!!!!!!!

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0417s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb