First Day in Cabo


Advertisement
Published: June 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The ride to Cabo from San Francisco was only three hours, so we were in paradise before we knew it. I made reservations for a shuttle before we arrived, so while we while were waiting for our luggage, we went to the "Cabo Express" shuttle desk and checked in. The people at the desk were very nice, and warned us not to speak to anyone who didn't have their "Cabo Express" logo on their shirt. He told us that people can be pushy and coerce us into going with them. So after we got our luggage, we were very soon surrounded by mad chaos of people acting like pushy salesmen, trying to get us to talk to them. We located the Cabo Express guy, and he directed us to talk to a guy while he went to get our shuttle tickets. The guy told us about things we should see while in Cabo, and good places to eat. He then began to ask us about activities we were planning to do. That is when Jeff said he was interested in fishing. Next thing I knew, we had signed up to go for a timeshare presentation the following morning for a fishing trip for $80 (instead of the usual cost $400).

On the way from San Jose del Cabo to Cabo San Lucas, we drove through a vast desert. It reminded us of an episode of "I Shouldn't Be Alive", where two men got stranded on an island in the Baja, and all they had to keep them alive was one little cactus plant on the whole island.

We got to our hotel, the Marina Fiesta and had a smooth check in. We spent the rest of the day walking around and exploring the town. We were starving for food because the flight only served pretzels. Jeff was happy to see a McDonalds and other American food places. We wanted something fast because we were starving, so we ate at Johnny Rocket's. Cabo itself is a beautiful place. The marina area was very modern and clean.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0668s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb