The Canadian Blackpool and Toronto


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada
August 4th 2011
Published: August 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

After a great night spent on the porch chatting to other travellers w.e left Niagra USA which was calm and lovely and walked across the Rainbow Bridge into Canada, which was just like Blackpool! What a contrast, great if you wanted to spend a fortune, play in the arcades, visit the waxworks etc - none of which we really wanted to do! However the views of the falls were spectacular and we spent ages just looking and went back again at night to see them lit up.

We actually stayed in a really nice motel type of place with a gigantic bed, air con and a massive whirlpool bath (!), a shower you could stay in for as long as you liked, toilets that flushed no matter how much loo roll you used and other such delights, oh yes and little bottles of shampoo and conditioner which are now in my pack!

Today we caught the mega bus to Toronto and found our 'hostel' which is in Chinatown, the room wasnt ready so we went off for a drink and found some strange little korean bakery place where we had a well strange doughnut and green tea! Went back to the hostel for another wait and were then led down the road round the corner etc to a house where we now have a room for 2 nights, you have to take your shoes off and put plastic slippers on whenever you enter, so very oriental, i guess its chinese for tea tonight!

For those of you still worried about the japanese boy missing from the Wanderfalls hostel, he was located by the police after having been detained by canadian customs as his student visa ran out 6 months ago and is being deported! better than being dead!

Im just waiting for Howard to recover before we can go and do something - hence the rambling!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.737s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.3715s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb