Top 10 places to visit in the world


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada
December 19th 2018
Published: December 19th 2018
Edit Blog Post

There are so many amazing places in the world that choosing where to visit is pretty hard. Best places to visit in the world, if you are looking for a high energy city, looking at history or just relaxing on the beach, there is a destination out there waiting for you.

Montreal, Canada

Montreal, Canada is a North American City with a European feel. As Canada’s second largest city Montreal really is a must-see destination. The official language is French which means you could almost be in France, and it is a laid back city with a cosmopolitan vibe. Montreal has something for everyone – from history, to a thriving nightlife. Whatever you are looking for you won’t need to search for long to find it in Montreal.

Portland, Oregon, USA

Portland really is the quintessential modern city. Located in the American north-west it is a place that most hipsters can only dream about. The city has lots of coffee shops, wineries and cultural events but is renowned for it’s craft beer breweries. It’s climate is cool and rainy and there are plenty of forests to explore if you are a fan of the great outdoors. Portland is certainly a very cool city – think indie-rock, craft beer and a young population. It’s a great city to visit.

Bilbao, Spain

Bilbao has surged from the bottom of everyone’s wish list and turned itself into a top European destination. This Spanish city is a big draw for art lovers as it boasts both the Guggenheim and Fine Arts Museums. It is also making a name for itself as a city for foodies – becoming well known for it’s great food and wine.

Hvar Island, Croatia

At one stage Dubrovnik was the top tourist donation in Europe, however the downside is that it has since become very expensive and overcrowded. Hvar Island has started to become more well known as an alternative to Dubrovnik – a great place to visit historical sites such as the Hvar Fortress and the Franciscan Monastery or simply to take some time out relaxing on one of its stunning beaches.

Singapore

Singapore is one of the top places to visit with it’s stunning skyline, late night markets and street food. This isn’t the destination of choice for backpackers as both the food and the accommodation is very expensive compared to other destinations in the area such as Thailand and Vietnam. While those destinations attract the backpacking community Singapore remains a much quieter and up market destination.

Seoul, South Korea

Seoul has been overlooked in the past with travellers bypassing South Korea in favour of its neighbours Chine and Japan. However it’s capital city, Seoul, is as fascinating as other more well known destinations like Beijing and Tokyo. Top attractions in the area include it’s ancient temples like the one at Gyeongbokgung Palace. After taking in the city’s history why not go shopping at Myeongdong, and enjoy some of the wonderful food experiences? Seoul is much more open for business these days and is a great experience.

Tasmania

Tasmania is an unspoiled haven just south of Australia. The Island state is just the place for you if you want to get away from it all. For nature lovers Tasmania is heaven on earth – over half of the island is covered with forests, beaches and wilderness and is protected leaving it free from development and pollution. There are a variety of facilities for tourists here including pubs, restaurants and bars who serve organic foods all grown on the Island.

Victoria Falls

Victoria Falls can be found on the border of Zambia and Zimbabwe. This Southern African falls is a UNESCO world heritage site and is 108 metres high. Although most of the visitors to Zambia go there to visit Victoria Falls there is so much more in the area to visit and the tourist industry has developed in the area over the last 20 years to make sure travellers have a great experience.

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Buenos Aires is another city that gives the best of both worlds. Affectionately known as the “Paris of South America” the city architecture gives a real French feel. Throughout the 19th and 20th centuries Buenos Aires has been host to many generations of European immigrants and it has developed its very own unique culture, the like of which you will not find anywhere else in the world.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.37s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0568s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb