Canada


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Yukon
June 28th 2012
Published: June 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We left Fort Nelson, British Columbia this morning. Had an excitiing(?) day travelling through the Northern Rocky Mountains. I think we drove only 95 miles until noon and then finished the day with 319 miles at Watson Lake, Yukon Territory. The Alaska highway is a two lane road. It has it's good spots and bad spots. They were working on parts of it today. They tilled the road up and graded it back as gravel surface for about 5 miles. Slow going. Of course all of our rv's are covered with dust. So most of the day we were up and down and lots of curves. But, it was beautiful. We even saw some snow beside a small stream. We also saw a beautiful glacial lake that is the most beautiful green color. But the best part was all of the great wildlife. We saw several families of Stone Sheep. I think I counted 5 black bears and 3 grizzly bears. I lost count of the bison. There were lots of adults and lots of calves. These were all along the side of the road. We also saw a moose in a marsh area. I tried to take pictures of these but I am not good at taking pictures, let alone taking them in a moving vehicle. I'll see how they turn out.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.185s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0867s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb