On Your Mark, Get Set, SUMMER HOLIDAYS!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Saskatchewan » Saskatoon
July 8th 2007
Published: August 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Summer has arrived and it has started with a flurry of activity. Of course anyone who has moved knows that the experience can be trying and tiring. We spent our first afternoon of summer holidays hauling things to storage. Of course it was about 30 degrees Celsius and in the evening we had an unbelievable thunderstorm. We went out to watch as the skies were lit up like a nightclub with an overzealous effects person going crazy with the strobe and fogger. Unfortunately the power went out with the storm and we were without electricity for our final eighteen hours in Eastend...at least we didn't have to vacuum. With an extra trip to the storage and a van completely full we headed to Saskatoon in the mid-afternoon. If was a difficult afternoon as we had to cull more items from our "bring and sort our list. Of course being very tired from a busy few days helped the tears flow more easily for everyone as we left some of our favorite things and people behind.

As Owen has his birthday on July 2nd we often end up celebrating it several times as we start our summer visits. We had a party for Owen at Auntie Diane and Uncle Terry's and we were distracted from the busyness and sadness. Owen attended soccer camp in Saskatoon from July 3rd until 6th and really enjoyed getting out and meeting some new friends. The rest of us kept busy. Benjamin visited the local parks experiencing the play programs, Nataghia and I visited family and friends and took advantage of the beautiful and accessible paths around Saskatoon to keep up our running and biking regime. Saskatoon has got to be one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Of course we had a few parties to attend during the week and having so many family and friends in the city helps make it a beauty. We hope to get out to Wanaskewin and some of the other attractions over the summer but for now it is off to the lake for a couple of weeks. Enjoy the pictures of Saskatoon and check out the new countdown timer. We hope everyone is having a great summer thus far. Pura Vida!




Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

The Last DayThe Last Day
The Last Day

Our final meal was take-out from Shaunavon...we wanted to go to Jack's for nostalgia but alas.
Packed SolidPacked Solid
Packed Solid

We had to make sure to leave room for the boys.
Partying with the PiratesPartying with the Pirates
Partying with the Pirates

Life of leisure...parties and more parties.
Yahtzee!Yahtzee!
Yahtzee!

Ben destroyed everyone in a friendly game of Yahtzee
Soccer CampSoccer Camp
Soccer Camp

Owen learned the finer techniques of soccer..such as celebrating a goal.
Archibald ParkArchibald Park
Archibald Park

This park right next to Mom & Dad's connects to the river path indirectly.
The River PathThe River Path
The River Path

A view from the train bridge on 33rd. Biking over this has gotten tougher with age.
View of the UniversityView of the University
View of the University

From the railway bridge the view of the U of S is awesome. Love those living skies.
Downtown SaskatoonDowntown Saskatoon
Downtown Saskatoon

Once across the bridge the view of downtown is beauty.


23rd July 2007

Enjoy your summer!
Hi All, Sounds like you have all been busy and enjoying the summer. I am in Lacombe at Jane's right now. I came up on Sun. of last week and I will go home on this Fri., so I can be home to go to the Rider game on Sat. in Regina. I hope to be in Saskatoon on the 9-11th and also the 20th and 21st. It has been hot up here, but, even hotter at home. Hi Owen, hope you had a great birthday! You look like you were having fun at the soccer camp. Keep in touch. Charlene
23rd July 2007

Hello!!
Hey everyone! I'm glad to see your summer is going good, even with the hectic schedule :) Looking forward to seeing you, especially the boys! I miss you guys! You are still coming to good old Yorkton ... right? Don't forget :) Miss you lots, see you hopefully soon! Lots of love, Monique
23rd July 2007

Take Care!
Thanks so much for the update, Hope you guys are having fun. We were out of power for 15 minutes short of 48 hours the weekend you left so consider yourselves lucky. It has been very hot for several weeks now (30 or more) so it is getting a little old. Had Darci's 2nd birthday party yesterday, it was also Dino Days weekend and my mom and dad were here too. Keep in touch. Rylan says Hi too! Janette
24th July 2007

We miss you!!!! You are AWESOME!
Hello to you, Benjamin, Owen, Nataghia and Ron, All of us at Alleykatz are wondering how you are doing and of course, when is buddy Ben coming to visit? Will Teacher Nataghia be at playschool when we are in school? Where is Owen? Is he in Mexico yet?(They forget Costa Rica but have heard me talk about Mexico lots) Amy is teacher to the 3 and 4 year olds and doesn't threaten them with "Be good or you'll go to the principal!" No student is afraid of you Ron! Good for you, successful leader! Do you have an email address that we could use to send you pics ? Love to you Nowlan family! Your friends at Alleykatz! P.S. For the parade this year, we had a castle with princesses and a dragon and knights in armor riding their trusty steads...bikes. It was fun...and HOT! Bye, bye!
13th August 2007

I love reading the blogs...thanks for the update, it was great seeing your guys....Take care...Lisa Marie

Tot: 0.24s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 59; dbt: 0.2053s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb