Natashquan


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec
June 30th 2013
Published: June 30th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Weather DayWeather DayWeather Day

Cozy and warm on a cool day
The mosquitoes woke us up at 3:00 this morning. We were up for an hour killing hundreds of them in the boat, some had feasted while we slept. Not sure where they came from but they were there in droves. We had a thunderstorm last night and we kept going out to check the lines, they must have come in then. It wasn't the numerous trips to the beer cooler I am sure.

The Captain got up at 4:30 and announced fog so I tried to go back to sleep. At 6:00 he declared it a travel day so up we were gone before breakfast. It was too rough for cooking or doing anything so we headed for the nearest anchorage, 46 miles in 5 and a half hours. It was rough at the helm so I just laid down and rested while the Captain steered.

We are tied to a fishing dock in a village of 450. Two local fishermen helped us land and had a chat with us. They spoke English with my assistance.

The weather is clearing up we even saw the sun a bit today but it is overcast again. We had a nice breakfast and shower and cleaned the
NatashquanNatashquanNatashquan

Large fishing wharf
boat decks that were full of salt and soot. We are more than half way home with 994 miles behind us. It is nice to have internet at the dock and cell phone as well.

No pictures yet but if I took a picture of this anchorage you would think that I am duplicating. There are rocks, water and small trees. Nice big fishing boats with Newfoundland Insignia. We will start seeing more and more Newfoundlanders now as we round the Strait of Belle Isle.

Stay tuned for our next challenge...Icebergs. I ha


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.195s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0726s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb