Autumn Sun


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec » Québec City
October 7th 2006
Published: October 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Eastern Canada


Day 91.....

We were welcomed across the Canadian boarder (without being interrogated for a change!) into New Brunswick. Our first stop was Fundy National Park, famous for the world's largest tides! As the tourist season had come to an end, it felt as though we had the whole park to ourselves. We made the most of the remaining sunshine and kept up with our walking, until Martin spotted a rather 'lonely' looking golf course! As 'pitch n' putt' is more Angela's cup of tea, she played the role of caddy (don't get too used to that Martin, we were on holiday!).

Continuing our journey East, we headed towards remote Prince Edward Island. We entered the island via the very long Conferedation Bridge, spanning 13km across the Northumberland Strait. We were the only people staying at our guest house, Martin was even allocated the duty of locking up and turning the lights out. It was very quaint but felt like we were in a low budget horror movie, waiting for something surreal to happen!

We wrapped up warm against the harsh wind that was blowing off the Atlantic and had a look around the Island's 'city', Charlottetown. Being little bigger than a UK seaside town, it didn't take long to explore so we hit the beaches for some bracing treks on the sandy beaches.

Leaving the island behind, we headed into French-Canadian territory and visited Kouchibouguac National Park (try saying that after a drop of the hard stuff!). Famous for wind-swept Kelly's beach, the park was our last chance to stretch our legs in the fresh air, before heading back towards civilisation. The sun may have been shining but, being October, it was absolutely freezing, forcing us to leave our beach towels tucked in the back of the car. One last serene sunset saw us head back west, towards Quebec.

Whilst practicing the French for 'two Big Mac meals, please', our drive to Quebec treated us to one last special moment. Having not seen a house or person for 200 miles, we nearly veered off the road when 2 moose ran out in front of us! The moose seemed far more relaxed than us but soon scarpered when the camera was pulled out of its bag!

Finally arriving in Quebec after a mammoth 500 mile drive, we found the last remaining room in town (literally), and put our feet up. With only 3 cities left on our itinerary, this is our penultimate blog. No time to dwell though, we've got French to learn....


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



16th October 2006

Maintenez la Droite!
Not sure if its correct French-Canadian but it sounds impressive, more succinct than Obtenez toujours votre homme! Not know what I'm on about? Ask someone from the RCMP. =) Aaaanyway, hi! Am i too late? Supposedly theres another blog imminent but i thought you were on a plane now. Still loving the blogs and accompanying pics. All looks so spectacular! (especially Anj) Glad you've been having much fun. I am offended by all the moaning about England by commenters in the last blog, they lie! England at mo is sunny and warm! Still dont need any more than a tee to walk outside, great! You would'nt imagine that its mid-October! Hope the flight is speedy and lacking in delays and let me be the first to say: Maison bienvenue!!! (seriously, probably not correct French but I'm a dancer) =)

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0585s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb