Quebec City


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec » Québec City
June 28th 2013
Published: August 11th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Road trip

It wasn't this direct. We traveled up I-91, crossed the border, then took a couple of highways in Canada to get to our final destination.

My husband, his son, and I went to Quebec City ~ our first time. It's a BEAUTIFUL city. We only visited Vieux Quebec (Old Quebec). We did not feel like seeing New Quebec, but we did go to the malls on our first full day, due to rain.
Day 1 ~ We arrived at night, so we just set up our tents and ate supper. It was misting, but not bad at all.

Day 2 ~ It was pouring rain. We planned to walk around Vieux Quebec, but had to do something inside. We went to the Musee de la civilisation (The Musuem of Civilization). Very interesting. Learned a lot. After that we went to a pub. Unlike here in America, you have to be 18 just to enter the pub. Good thing Nathan is 18. My first photo taken in Canada was of Nathan and his father enjoying a beer in the pub. While in there, I asked our waitress if there was a mall nearby. So, off to the mall we went.

Day 3 ~ Walking around Vieux Quebec. Parked the car at Chateau Frontenac and then walked everywhere. First, we were in Haute-Ville (Upper Town). We
Chateau FrontenacChateau FrontenacChateau Frontenac

If you're going to stay at a hotel, this is the one.
went to the city wall, saw the Parliament buildings. Went to the old British fort and had my picture taken with a guard. Since it's a British fort, we guards there are like the royal guards in England. Tried to get him to talk, but he wouldn't. He just looked at me. Walked on La terrasse Dufferin and took pictures of the St. Lawrence River. Walked down Escalier Casse-Cou (the breakneck stairs, which they are called that for a good reason) to the Basse-Ville (Lower Town). Walked down Champlain staircase to stroll along the Quartier Petit Champlain. Bought some souvenirs, chocolate, and ate lunch in a cafe. Had a great time just meandering around Old Quebec City.

Day 4 ~ Visited La Chute Montmorency, a waterfall that flows into the St. Lawerence River. Walked down the steep stairs, but took the gondola up, while Nathan went up the stairs. Took a lot of photos here. One has a rainbow in it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

Terrasse DufferinTerrasse Dufferin
Terrasse Dufferin

There's the terrasse and St. Lawrence River.
View from Bridge to get to lower cityView from Bridge to get to lower city
View from Bridge to get to lower city

This is a view after walking down the breakneck stairs.
view of Quartier Petit Champlain view of Quartier Petit Champlain
view of Quartier Petit Champlain

Taken just at the top of the stairs.
La Chute MontmorencyLa Chute Montmorency
La Chute Montmorency

The stairs we walked down. YIKES!
La Chute MontmorencyLa Chute Montmorency
La Chute Montmorency

Nate waiting for us.
La Chute MontmorencyLa Chute Montmorency
La Chute Montmorency

The view at the bottom, after walking down those steps.
Dean on stairsDean on stairs
Dean on stairs

Here's Dean waiting for me, so I take a picture of him.
Dean and KathyDean and Kathy
Dean and Kathy

We got soaking wet after walking near the waterfall.


11th August 2013

nice pics
Nice photos, Kat. Looks like you had a good time. One of these days I'll get to Quebec!

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0338s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb