Bonjour du Québec


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec » Québec City
April 20th 2010
Published: April 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Le Château FrontenacLe Château FrontenacLe Château Frontenac

Davis in front of the extremely photogenic Château Frontenac hotel.
STARTING LINE-UP: Ted, Davis, frostbite

PITCH CONDITION: Bloody freezing

MATCH OVERVIEW: A frozen pitch made play difficult, but the beautiful surroundings made up for the harsh conditions.

PLAYER INFO: Lennon was rested after his inspiring effort the day before, so Davis and Ted were left to carry the team to victory.

HIGHLIGHTS:

- Well, our wishes were mostly granted - the rain only made a brief appearance but by golly it was ICY! And foolishly stating we "can handle the cold" just invited Mother Nature to test that theory - it was FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEZING!!!!!!! So Ted decides dressing appropriately means just a jumper, unbuttoned at the chest of course...lucky he's tough.

- Had the whole day to explore très beau (belle? Is a city masculine or feminine? Too lazy to look it up) Québec City. Absolutely gorgeous city, very European (of course) which was a bit weird plonked in the middle of North America. Very cool though.

- Checked out Le Château Frontenac, apparently the world's most photographed hotel. Helped maintain that record by taking heaps of photos of it. While doing so, Ted was (nicely) mocked by a fellow tourist for his choice of attire! And rightly
Rhyll on a HillRhyll on a HillRhyll on a Hill

Davis with Château Frontenac behind her (in left of photo in distance) and the view across the water.
so.

- Strolled down Rue du Petit-Champlain, a quaint little shopping street. Supposedly the "narrowest street in North America" but didn't seem astonishingly narrow...then again we have not seen every other street in North America so perhaps they are astonishingly wide! Absolutely gorgeous though, cute little shops and galleries and even a busker playing piano accordian to add to the overall effect.

- Davis in particular was very taken with the city's habit of giving small properties half-numbers e.g. a small shop next to Number 31 would be Number 31 and a half, too cute!

- Québec is "the only walled city north of Mexico" in North America and you can wander along the ramparts (which we did for a bit). There are also a couple of cool big gates for us tourists to take pics of.


SUMMARY: Absolutely loved this beautiful city. Davis got to fulfil her dream of visiting Québec since she fell in love with the photos of it in her Grade 8 French text book. We still enjoyed strolling around even though it was absolutely freezing brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. We've obviously spent far too long in the UK with our fascination with commenting
Ted on Rue du Petit-ChamplainTed on Rue du Petit-ChamplainTed on Rue du Petit-Champlain

Ted's massive shoulders make the street look even narrower...
on the weather!


Miss you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Tiny Door! Tiny Door!
Tiny Door!

Davis is rather taken with both the tiny door and the half-numbering system (not sure if it is clear enough but the number on the door is 9 1/2).
A Ted in QuébecA Ted in Québec
A Ted in Québec

Ted overlooking the Old Town of Québec, with the town of Lévis across the river.
At the GateAt the Gate
At the Gate

Davis at one of the gates along the city's old walls.


21st April 2010

Yay, another fix of 'Rhyll and Ted's Excellent Adventure'. Can't wait for the next one!! Lotsa love xoxo
21st April 2010

Yay, another comment from Ma/LorettA! Keep 'em comin' xxx
21st April 2010

Nice One
Sounds like you are having a fantastic time. Love the hotel, did you book a night there?
22nd April 2010

Am loving your blog.
Great pix especially that hotel. Hope that the weather warms up a bit. Miss you too. Take care, Jennie
26th April 2010

Dead granddad
My grandfather died in the lobby of the Chateau F! Not a bad place to go when it's your turn. Glad you're having a wonderful time in my country. I'm off to Vancouver next week so will miss you this time, but perhaps next time you will have made it to the really good part of the country! Enjoy!
30th April 2010

RE: Dead Grandad
Oh...oh dear...well we hope this didn't stir up too many sad memories! But you are right, very impressive way to go! You will be happy to hear that Rhyll's cousin has just moved to Vancouver, we'll be off to visit him at some stage soon...

Tot: 0.23s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.1699s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb