Rain, Rain, Go Away...please?


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec » Québec City
April 18th 2010
Published: April 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Ted & His PogoTed & His PogoTed & His Pogo

ST enjoys his first Canadian pogo. A nice, nutritionally-sound lunch.
STARTING LINE-UP: Ted, Davis, Lennon the car, our faithful umbrellas

PITCH CONDITION: Waterlogged

MATCH OVERVIEW: With conditions not conducive to free-flowing play, the team slogged it out in uninspiring fashion.

PLAYER INFO: Stand out performance was from Lennon, as he battled the ugly conditions to safely drive the team home.

HIGHLIGHTS:

- Freezing rain sapped a bit of the fun out of the past couple of days. We still managed to cover a lot of ground, but didn’t really stop along the way to check much out or take pretty piccies.

- Friday we left Ottawa and headed to our next stop at Laval. Crossed over into the province of Québec, where suddenly all the street signs are in French only. Kinda cool.

- Ted tried a “pogo” on our lunch stop in Lachute - we had seen them on menus and had no idea what they were, but brave ST decided to give it a go regardless. Turned out to just be a dagwood dog!!! (UK people - not sure what you would call them…ummmm…maybe a sav in batter on a stick?)

- Got to our hotel in Laval quite early as
Lunch Stop in LachuteLunch Stop in LachuteLunch Stop in Lachute

Probably a lovely town when it is not raining...
it was POURING and the traffic was crazy so we thought it best to seek shelter. Then went for a swim of course - what else is one to do? Hotel had an indoor pool, supposedly heated…but nooooo, it was absolutely freezing brrrrrrr.

- Saturday was pretty similar weather-wise so again just hit the road to get to our next stop. Detoured to Mont Tremblant in the beautiful Laurentian Mountains and had lunch in St Jovite. Absolutely adorable wee town, wish we could have enjoyed it properly but still loved it.

- Took lots of pics (mostly from the car as we were zooming by - too cold/wet to stop and get out) of the remnants of snow still covering the mountains/ski runs. Surprising amount of snow still left. No wonder we were cold!

- Made it to the gorgeous Québec City on Saturday night, can’t wait to explore it properly - just hope it doesn’t rain! Cold we can handle…rain, not so much.


SUMMARY: Not the most thrilling last few days, but still awesome to be cruising around in the faithful Lennon checking out the countryside. ST has outdone himself driving in the less than ideal
Ted in St JoviteTed in St JoviteTed in St Jovite

The very pretty surroundings of St Jovite. Almost as pretty as Ted.
conditions, while RD has shivered and fallen asleep in the passenger seat… We can’t complain too much about the rain - our first few days were absolutely sensational weather-wise. Would be nice if it went away though!


Miss you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Davis in St JoviteDavis in St Jovite
Davis in St Jovite

RD freezes in the very quaint St Jovite.
Snow!Snow!
Snow!

As seen from Lennon as we zoomed past on the highway.


19th April 2010

brrrrrrrrrrr.....!!!!!!!!!
dear steven and rhyll we are still enjoying your canadian adventure love the photos but especially your comments keep it up and we can't wait to see what happens next!! keep save please!!! dear steven you maybe interested to know that roma won the derby 2- 1 hurray go roma gooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE YOU BOTH we are still on top of the ladder by 1 point ciaoooooooooooooo
19th April 2010

Rain, hail, snow, sleet - keep these blogs coming. Love them...

Tot: 0.177s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0562s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb