F1


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec » Montréal
June 11th 2011
Published: November 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 45.5075, -73.5587

Well, our flight went well. I was a little worried because we booked an Air Canada flight and the first leg was actually on a United plane. Then the connection was on a Jazz flight, which is a subsidary of Air Canada. I had visions of our bags going everywhere but Montreal. All was fine and our bags met us in Montreal.
We went out and had some dinner, came back and unpacked.
The next morning we got on the Metro and headed downtown to look around. We found McGill University and looked around. Its a very nice college. We found the bookstore and purchased numerous items with McGill on them.
We walked around and found a nice church to visit. It was built in the 18th century. After that we took the Metro out to Isle St. Helene to fetch our F1 tickets. Then back home for some dinner and then to bed.
We got up early Friday morning and headed out to the track. Its on an island in the St. Laurence Seaway. One Metro train and a 2 1/2 mile walk got us to our seats. Its pretty cool. Just us and 125,000 of our closest friends.
Saturday was a repeat of Friday. So far this trip we have walked about 18 miles!
The weather has been warm and humid until today. today was cloudy and cool, about 65 and breezy. We are watching the weather closely, because it is supposed to start raining tonight and rain on and off all day tomorrow, race day. I guess we will see how good our rain coats are!
Monday thru Wednesday we will be touring all of the other sights in Montreal.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



30th June 2011

Beautiful collage, just like you old, where is Stacy, don't let her kick anything.

Tot: 0.221s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0527s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb