J' ♥ Montreal


Advertisement
North America » Canada » Quebec » Montréal » Old Montréal
September 1st 2013
Published: September 2nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

September 1, 2013 We arrived in Montreal early this morning and unloaded our luggage in a locker at our "boutique hotel" in the Latin Quarter since check-in wasn't until 3. The girl at the desk led the way with our "close encounters of the nicest kind" with the citizens of Montreal. Yes, French is the official language here and everyone has greeted us in French. But we've found if we say ... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




2nd September 2013

Now Montreal is on my bucket list
Fantastique, merveilleux! (What are those cheeses?)
2nd September 2013

Cheeses
Oka cheese was originally manufactured by the Trappist monks, who are located in Oka, Quebec, Canada. The cheese is named after the town. It has a distinct flavour and aroma, and is still manufactured in Oka, although now by a commercial company, the rights having been sold in 1996 by Les Pères Trappistes. It is also manufactured in Holland, Manitoba, by Trappist Monks at their monastery, which is located 8 miles South East of Holland. It originated in 1893. Since that time, Quebec has become a major producer of Canadian Cheese. Oka cheese has a pungent aroma and soft creamy flavour, sometimes described as nutty and fruity. The cheese, which is made from cow's milk is covered with a copper-orange, hand-washed rind. Its distinct flavour sets it apart from more common cheeses such as colby and cheddar, and does not go through a cheddaring process. I don't remember exactly what the squeaky cheese was, I just know I've always loved cheese curds. We are now off to Quebec City.
2nd September 2013

Thanks!
Love to learn something new; while I'm not a cheese fan- can't have much due to the yeast in most processes- this is fascinating.
3rd September 2013

Audrey
Loving the photos of Audrey. Need more of both of the kiddos.
2nd September 2013

You make my mouth water!!
Great description, great pictures. Envious.
3rd September 2013

We like
Kaycie and I went shopping today and she said your blogs are reminding her of all the places she wants to go when the boys are old enough to travel. You have lots of faithful readers!
3rd September 2013

We\'re having a great time; however, Jim should probably go to bed when Ben does. Between playing, pulling Ben in the red wagon (we finally got it down here) and assisting me with his bath- I think Jim\'s worn out :-D
7th September 2013

We are home and enjoying reading every one of your blogs.
Judy and Joe: Your blogs are up to your Australia and New Zealand standards. We love them. We agree with Tom Swan that your photographs are excellent. We have been doing 25th anniversary of the Yellowstone fires stuff. Can you believe that it was 24 years ago that you came to Yellowstone? Now, back to more of your great blogs. Thanks so much for including us.
7th September 2013

25th for Fires
So that means we've been friends for 24 years! Love you guys.

Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 20; dbt: 0.0202s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb