Value Village, The Casino, Seeing our Daughter Off, and Dinner


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec » Gatineau
June 27th 2015
Published: June 28th 2015
Edit Blog Post

I had a few hours before seeing my little one off at the airport. I went to drop off a final load at the Value Village. Jeremy (photo 5) has been such a good natured helper. He now possesses almost half of our former belongings.

I drove back to the casino for a quick look around (photo 6). Upon entry I received $10 with the intention that I learn how to gamble. Instead, I discovered an educational display and took the test. A minimum of eight percent of your spending goes to the house (photo 7). The more you play, the more you lose (photo 8).

And the kicker: you can lose all your money here (photo 9)! All this in a tiny dank alcove, securely hidden away. I pocketed my $10, but will return for the next installment.

My little girl flew off to the prairies. She's so grown up.

Then off to the hotel. Do you see that indentation way up on the 19th floor (photo 10)? With my heart swaying in my chest we had dinner. I focused on my plate instead of the ground to avoid vertigo. A brazilian churasco with Molson Export in memory of Dad (photo 11). A very nice way to start the big drive.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0775s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb