The Red Cliffs Pics ...


Advertisement
Published: June 5th 2016
Edit Blog Post

These are ten red cliff pictures that would not upload yesterday because too many people were interneting here at the Resort. The WiFi is much stonger today ... all the weekend patrons have left Mill River. The restaurant is quiet ... am enjoying some red wine ...to go withh the red cliffs, LOL ... will publish another blog with pics immediatly following this one.

.... engaged in water therapy last night here at the pool showers .... have come to grips with the death of Mohammed Ali ... made my own breakfast this morning which tasted better than yesterdays $10+tax =$13 Mill River Resort attempt ...had a great Sunday .. met some interesting people ... and found more than one place not yet open for the season. There seems to be a wait for school closing.

Oh how I remember the agony of that waiting!

NINE more pics below!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Stairs to the Shore Stairs to the Shore
Stairs to the Shore

Private properties already had put out the stairs. These must be retracted so as not to be damaged by winter ice.
Pleasant ViewPleasant View
Pleasant View

The first access found... down a red dirt road to the beach.
Wrenched ErosionWrenched Erosion
Wrenched Erosion

This erosion was evident in many places along the shore. The loss of cliffs is a topic of discussion.
Lobster PollutionLobster Pollution
Lobster Pollution

This lobster heap is being dumped at a privately owned property. Is this the result of one weekend party or an ongoing method of getting rid of lobster shells.
Trapped  Trapped
Trapped

... in sand... no pun intended.
Dinner Set-up at Mill River CampgroundDinner Set-up at Mill River Campground
Dinner Set-up at Mill River Campground

Fried onions with a bit of acid rain for effect.


6th June 2016

Love the gecko and that lovely red sand.

Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0256s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb