Lobster Dinners on Prince Edward Island


Advertisement
Published: September 1st 2005
Edit Blog Post

Charlottetown


After far too much holiday indulgence we decided that we needed to do some good hard exercise and hired bikes to go cycling along the Confederation Trail for the afternoon. This was a very successful move (supported by the sore bums and lack of walking ability) aside from the flat tyre Nic sported half an hour from the rental store. As we started pushing the bike back into town we spotted a car with the bike company's logo on it and called out. The driver called back that he couldn't help and drove on. Disheartened, we stopped for a drink at the shop and were getting ready to jog with the bike when Dave spotted another car with the bike company logo. The original guy was late for a wedding and had called the shop asking them to come look for us!! If only we could remember the name to give them a plug.

Home invasion!
Around 3am that night we woke up to the sounds of someone banging around in the kitchen. The old guy at our bed and breakfast told us when we checked in that he never locks up so we wouldn't need a key to get in. After some good quality banging around (thinking it was a drunk homeless person) we hear knocking on a door and then a panicked voice saying "There's someone in my room". It's about now that we both get scared and Dave bravely jumps up to see what is happening. Nicola refuses to let him go outside. We then hear the owner say "Everyone lock their doors". After a period of no activity Nicola falls back asleep (surprise) and Dave spends the next few hours watching the door and dozing. When the sun rises we go out to explore and find out what happened. The owner says that an elderly guest (in his eighties) got a bit drunk at the races and couldn't get into his room so woke up the owner for help. So the smallest / friendliest town we stayed in managed to give us the biggest scare with a drunk senior citizen!

The next day Dave discovered that driving on the wrong side of the road is rather tricky. To start with everything is backwards, trying to find the rear view mirror on your left when it's hiding on your right. After safely touring around the National Park and Cavendish in the north of the island, we drove to New Glasgow and had the best dinner of our trip- Lobster Supper. For $30 we enjoyed all you can eat clam chowder and fresh boiled muscles followed by steaming red lobster dipped in melted butter and tailed off with delicous desserts. In fact the meal was so good, we were still discussing it when we hopped in the car and started driving home. Dave thought Nicola was agreeing with him about the meal until he realised to what her repeated "Right" was really pertaining.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



1st September 2005

Keep on trucking
I soo want that little red truck...
3rd September 2005

Senior Citizen Alert
Hey Dave, you have to watch out for those senior citizens........ Dinner sounds delicious. By the way,did you ever get the puncture fixed and actually go for a ride?

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0307s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb