Prince Edward Island


Advertisement
Published: August 21st 2016
Edit Blog Post

We crossed over the Confederation Bridge and went on a small adventure to our RV Park thanks to my GPS. It likes to take me are lots a small roads just to save a mile or two when I could stay on the main highways to get to my destination. We stayed at Vacationland RV Park about 15 miles from Charlottetown and really close to Brackley Beach. Our site faces the inlet of water from Brackley Beach.

First stop was to visit Green Gables. I visited here years ago with Heather, but it was enjoyable to visit again. After Green Gables we drove along the northern coast of the island. Went down to Cavendish Beach where lots of people were enjoying a nice day on the sand and in the water. Drove further on and the turned back and stopped for lunch at New London. We sat outside looking out on the water with a beautiful and peaceful view while eating lunch.

Friday night we went to Emerald, PEI which is just a wide spot on a road. My GPS could not find it but we got there with written directions and a small map on the brochure that advertised the Ceilidh we were attending. We had some bar food and then spent an entertaining 2 plus hours listening to the performers. The young woman fiddler, Courtney Hogan was amazing and did several Celtic songs from slow moving tunes to high tempo jigs. An older gentleman in the audience even got up and did a little dancing when she played the jigs. We were also treated to a young local just out of high school step dancer who did amazing. Courtney was joined on stage by Peggy Clinton and Johnny Ross. Peggy played the guitar and sang mostly country music tunes but also did some old rock n roll like Johnny Be Good. Johnny is a phenomenal keyboard artist. He accompanied both ladies on whatever they were playing and then he did some solo pieces also. He was especially entertaining on the high tempo songs with his playing and his dancing behind the keyboard. It was a late night getting back to the RV Park but well worth the entertainment of the night.

Saturday night we went into Charlottetown to attend the musical Anne of Green Gables in its 52 year of running. We had dinner at Casa Mia which was excellent and then went to the musical. It was phenomenal. All the actors were first rate and put on an entertaining production. The singing was incredible from actors young or older. I am so glad that the lady at the RV Park recommended this as a uniquely Prince Edward Island experience.

We are leaving the beauty of Prince Edward Island and heading back to New Brunswick for a couple of days and then back to USA on August 24th.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.166s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0462s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb