Back to Pennsylvania and Baltimore, Maryland


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Pennsylvania » Gettysburg
August 29th 2016
Published: September 23rd 2016
Edit Blog Post

We left Canada and worked our way back to Pennsylvania. We stopped in Maine for a couple of nights and then a couple of nights in Matamoras just across the Delaware River before heading back to Gettysburg to spend a few more days with Bonnie’s family in Fayetteville. This was a lot of down time for us and time spent with family. I got to celebrate my birthday here with dinner out and cheesecake for dessert.

We made a trip to Baltimore with Bonnie’s son Dallas, her daughter-in-law Kim and granddaughter Alexis. We walked around the waterfront and took a trip to the Top of the World which is an observation level with 360 degree views of the city and is located on the 27th floor of the World Trade Center. It was a beautiful day by the water. We also had lunch at the Cheesecake Factory of course followed by cheesecake for dessert again. I had a Lemon Raspberry Cheesecake which was delicious. It was light and tangy, just right for a warm summer day.

After nine days here it was time for us to journey on for a month until it is time to return to Pittsburg in October to meet up with Tad for the Steelers game. We headed South for Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina hoping the topical storms would not get us.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0339s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb