Nova Scotia


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Nova Scotia
August 9th 2016
Published: August 21st 2016
Edit Blog Post

In Nova Scotia we stayed at Scotia Pine Campground that was outside of the town of Truro. We spent some down time here as there was a fire burning to the south so we did not venture that direction or go into Halifax. I think we were just tired from all the going in New Brunswick. I had originally wanted to find a park closer to the north but all of them were full.

We went into Truro for dinner at Murphy’s Fish and Chips which was advertised as having the best fish and chips in Canada and I would agree. It was delicious and they also had an outstanding coconut crème pie that I had to try. The restaurant was decorated with all sorts of fishing décor which added to the experience.

We drove north to Cape Breton where I had wanted to stay so that we could drive the Cabot Trail. It was a 2 hour drive just to the beginning of the trail so we only drove a small portion of the trail. From my understanding of the trail, I believe it would be a lot like driving Highway 1 in California, especially the Big Sur portion. We visited the Celtic Music Center for lunch and a Ceilidh which translates into a Kitchen Party. This one had a marvelous lady fiddler accompanied by a man on the keyboard. They had a small museum that explained the origins and growth of Celtic Music on the cape which was very interesting. As we were finishing lunch and getting ready to go, we had to wait for a small local parade to pass by that was led by a band of pipers that incorporated the young and the old. After driving part way up the trail we then headed back to the RV park with a stop at the Dancing Goat Bakery which had amazing oatmeal cookies with coconut and cranberries along with raisins.

I wish we had traveled around more in Nova Scotia and experienced the different areas. Maybe I will need to return some day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 34; dbt: 0.0322s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb