Pre Journey...


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario
January 31st 2015
Published: January 31st 2015
Edit Blog Post

So the adventure is almost here...

It has been months in the making. My boyfriend and I have been talking about doing a trip like this since we met almost a year ago. We both wanted to go down to Australia - the best way to do it was on a working holiday visa which will allow us to work and travel at the same time. We want to see everything that the country has to offer and go on several excursions near by (i.e. Fiji, New Zealand, etc). My boyfriend has never been to Australia but this is about my 8th time down there (but I also did 3 years down there for school) so we shall see how it all goes.

The planning was a long but exciting process, there was a lot to do. We had to renew a passport, applying for the correct visa along with getting it accepted (which is quick thankfully, lets just hope it was the right one, lol!!), booking the flight and quitting our jobs (which wasn't easy for me!). We also had the joys of moving out of our own separate apartments and moving our things back to our loving parents (although there wasn't much choice! Thanks Dad 😊! ). With all the planning and the details, it seemed to sort itself out all in due time (although one minor hiccup to still be resolved). There is a lot more to get down then just buy your ticket and back your bag - thankfully we had time to get our ducks in a row.

But it is slowly coming to the time we departure. I am on the train from Kingston to Toronto and leaving in just over 24hours. It still doesn't feel like this is really happening - this has been months in the works but somehow it still just feels like a mini stay-cation to my parents house in Kingston this week. It is hard to believe that this time tomorrow we will be going through the airport and flying the 19 hours to get to the beaches of Byron Bay.

I am excited for reality to kick in and the adventure to begin. You are only young once and we all have one life to live. No point sitting around waiting for life to end when you can make it happen right here, right now.

Stay tuned here for the adventures... and if anyone has any recommendations, please pass them along.

Have a wicked weekend everyone

-Chenry JR

Advertisement



1st February 2015

Have a ball mate!!!!
Have a ball mate. Make sure you get to Cairns!!! Safe flight. xxx
1st February 2015

Bon Voyage!!
What an exciting new chapter in your life!!! Not knowing what the future holds opens you to so many possibilities.....fly my beautiful niece xxx♡

Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb