Top of the world (ish/maybe?)


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Toronto
June 13th 2015
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 43.6602, -79.4164

Today was CN tower day! However, the walk down there was a very misty one, because of which I was very doubtful of us being able to see much from the top!

As we got closer, the humid mist lifted slightly so you could see the spinnaker of the tower! Up we went, through various safety scanners etc and into the lift to the top. The elevator
had a glass floor, so when you are climbing at 15mph it is quite disconcerting to look down. The view from the top was incredible, impossible to describe in words. There was also a glass floor which some people (including Nath and Nunny) were terrified of! I however jumped up and down on it! No problem! After a million photos, we decided to have a cuppa with a view.... Well there aren't many places to have a cuppa 500m above a city!

Little India was our next destination, promising bazaars and food markets.... Not what I expected but still managed to buy a skirt, barter It down and eat an all you can eat curry buffet! Happy days!

I had to get back in order to get ready for alexis' hen do, so I parted ways with the boys and toddled back on the subway.

The story from the boys from there is they spent 8hrs in the same bar .... The end!

The hen do was a little more varied, with a lovely meal at Sidecar, a restaurant in walking distance from the apartments. Cocktails on Shani's (maid of honour) porch and then to a club with drag acts! In the main a blooming awesome night apart from the stripper, which was HORRIFIC to watch!! Bed did not happen until 1am though... 6am uk time! Tired was an understatement!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0286s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb