Toronto, Our First Full Day


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Toronto
June 25th 2015
Published: June 27th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Our first morning in Canada. It took us forever to get organized and out of the hotel, but we finally made it. We drove downtown and went for a walk all around the center of Toronto. Roger Center, up John and then along Queen Street, through Eaton Center. A nice mall, but a mall. If you like window shopping this is a good place to go.

We exited the mall to Trinity Square, where there was some sort of outdoor event, live rock by the Luke Austin Band (very good, apparently their first album will be out soon), used book sales and giant board games. We got a couple hotdogs from a street vendor (ya gotta do that once, right?), and heard some jazz outside City Hall. We saw squirrels at Osgoode hall to the kids' delight. We took a different route back towards the CN Tower, where we saw a giant bicycle, and I do mean giant!

We finally made it to the CN Tower, and took a ride up to the top. Very overpriced, but something you just have to do once in Toronto. Gilat was brave enough to stand on the glass floor!

We continued for a stroll through St. Lawrence market, a very nice market. We got some Chinese and sat to eat there. Then, to finish our Downtown tour we stopped for a short walk on the beach before heading back to the hotel.

Have a look at our day right here:


A quick rest later we popped in for a visit to Uncle Seymour. He and Doris were very happy to see us, as were we.

We got back to the hotel and finally got our lost suitcase at around 11:30 at night! Tomorrow we're off to Niagra Falls and the US!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

CN TowerCN Tower
CN Tower

Looking down through the glass floor


Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0168s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb