Here We Go!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Toronto
June 25th 2015
Published: June 25th 2015
Edit Blog Post

BoardingBoardingBoarding

Our first selfie at the plane's door
Our adventure started at home, believe it or not. I ordered a taxi for ridiculously early in the morning. The guy arrived on time, but the car was a little bit small. We all sat with our baggage piled up on us all the way to the airport. I think the driver had a good laugh.

Airports are always fun. If you're masochistic. But we got through it OK and boarded our flight. It was a long flight to CDG, Paris, but not too bad. And the stopover in Paris was short and sweet. Well, not so sweet, but we'd only discover that later...

We boarded our Boeing 747 to Toronto. The kids were duly impressed by the sheer size of the thing. That flight was even longer but the kids enjoyed it more, Each seat had a screen so they watched a few movies each, and explored the upper deck and First Class!

Going through customs was quick, but later we discovered that the airline lost one of our suitcases! And we were not alone. Lots of connection fliers lost something in Paris. Always make sure you have spare clothes in your carry-ons! Air France promised to
In TorontoIn TorontoIn Toronto

First selfie in Canada
get the suitcase to us later today at the hotel.

We finally got done with the paperwork and out of the terminal after two hours there. Got to the car rental and got a pleasant surprise. They upgraded us to a bigger car. Very nice!

Got the Waze going and drove to our hotel.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0594s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb