Day 11 - Toronto


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Toronto
January 22nd 2010
Published: January 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep in! First one for the holiday. Woke up at about 11ish and then eventually headed out just after 12.

We headed into Toronto city as Benn was going to meet with the Milwalkee Bucks (NBA) fitness guy whom he met with Andrew Bogut working at Melbourne. So we dropped him off at a fancy hotel and he had a chat to Marc Boff about NBA training schedule and their medical teams etc. Marc called over Bogey to say hi so he had a quick chat with him too. Meanwhile myself, Gary and Carolyn when out for lunch at their local pub. Had some nice fish and chips and then went back to get Benn.

We then drove down to CN tower (apparently the world's highest tower- every tower we go up claims to be the worlds highest at some stage). Myself, Benn and Carolyn headed up and took in the views. We were able to point out some of the places we have been and Carolyn was a good tour guide showing us some other sights. This tower had a glass bottom so you would stand on the glass and 500m beneath us was the ground. We could see Gary's car which was funny. So we went back down and then took the scenic route home through the city.

Once at home we had a couple of hours to rest and eat some home cooked spag before we went off to the basketball- Toronto Rapters v Milwalkee Bucks. Benn was able to get us 4 free tickets through Marc. We also got guest passes which we werent sure what they we for at the time. So we drove to the ACC (Air Canada Center) and went down to out seats. On one of the ends and row S. They had $85 on the stub so we were happy we got em for free. We had been to a NBA game in LA a few years ago so we knew what to expect with all the music, lights and cheerleaders.

The game wasnt so bad as Bogut was playing (he is from Endeavour Hills) so we were chearing for him. Id say the crowd was 95% Toronto fans so we were really the only ones cheering when they got goals. Bogut got like 20 points in the first half so that was cool. But he had a very quiet second half and so did the team. AT hald down I went down the bottom and spoke with the security guard to see if we could sit down there and I pulled the Australia thing and Bogut and hes like come back in the last quater and ill see. So I went down during a time out and he let us sit 5 rows back which was good and closer to the action. We got on the big screen sitting here as we were sitting with some loud kids cheering. After leading for most of the game and the last 30seconds going for like 3 hours they eventually lost. So the home team was pretty happy. It was funny cause they said if they score over 100 points you could take your ticket to a pizza store for a free slice. So at about 98 the crowd starts chanting 'we want pizza'. And they did so free pizza all round.

After the game we went to where the guest pass said to go and asked the others there what it meant. The players were to come out and say hi. So we waited in a bay with about 10 others including the coaches son in a Bogut jersey (we tried to buy something Bucks but as it was the away team there was nothing to get!). So the security is like to the kid get back behind the line. He was like 4 and then his dad the coach came out and said why don't you go shoot some baskets so the little kid and a few friends went pass security and started to shoot hoops. The security just went with it. Eventually a few tall guys came out and others were getting photos so we figured they must be players- so Benn got a few picks. Then Marc came out to say hi to benn. We waited for Bogut AND HE DIDNT COME!!!! Dam him! All I wanted was a photo and Benn of course didn't get one earlier in the day when he was chatting with him or even an autograph. So that was disappointing but was a good night and wasnt so bad as I expected as it was at least a close game.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.165s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0399s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb