Update from Kyoto!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Toronto
November 5th 2007
Published: November 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone!

Well, it's Monday morning and we're on our way! Many of us stayed at the Carlingview Airport Inn last night. Very nice accommodation. Up and at 'em and over to the private terminal to catch our plane: Icelandic Air!

We're on our way to Whitehorse today, where passengers from the west will join us.

(UPDATE: It is now 9:34 p.m. in Kyoto, Japan! We arrived just over 2 hours ago! What a very long 2 days of travel: Toronto to Whitehorse and then Whitehorse to Japan today. I was up at 5:30 Whitehorse time this morning, and it's been almost 23 hours of "awake time". I'm exhausted, but wanted to at least get this first blog update out to you. I've taken some amazing photos in the last 24 hours, met some incredible people and have a few stories to share. I'm having a bit of technical difficulty with the blog tonight, so this will be it for now.......I'll continue in the morning, and then we do have spare time tomorrow afternoon at which time I will get caught up. So you can expect a few more messages in the next 24 hours.)

I am so very happy to be back on this tour; sincere thanks to Travel Guild for inviting me as a Group Leader!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



7th November 2007

So ... the journey begins ... again!!!
Hi Pat ... so glad to be "travelling" with you again through your blog. I'm off up to Haliburton and Huntsville tonight where you may have heard had lots of snow yesterday!
7th November 2007

wow your off again
Wow your off again. Most people take a holiday of a life time but you seem to be doing it at least twice. Somehow I don't think this will be the last time. Really interested in Japan as we have never been there. Take and enjoy. Really looking forward to checking your travel blog out. Enjoy and al the best. Gary and Sue
7th November 2007

Way to go Pat!!
It was great to see you agin and thanks for bringing the good (but cool; -15) weather. I know you will do a great job as a 'tour guide' Have fun, be good!
7th November 2007

So Far Away
Hi Pat, We look forward to these blogs........We sure miss being there with you!!!!!!!!!!!!! Northern Tour Envy, and all that! Enjoy and keep us posted, Gail and Kevin; Green Group 2006
8th November 2007

Greetings from Montreal
Hi Pat, This is going to be great! We're looking forward to following along your 2007 adventures and re-living all those fantastic memories of last year. Lucky those who have you as a group leader! Jill and Nancy - Green Group (yeh!) 2006 PS. Hope to see you next year on the Southern Hemisphere trip.
8th November 2007

Hello Pat!
You look great, Pat! Enjoy.
8th November 2007

Back at ya, Jill!
Hi Jill and Nancy, So nice to hear from you! I have the Green group this year! It will be fun to have you travel along........don't know about the southern tour next year yet.........that's up to Ben! There are a few changes on the tour this year, which will make it all the more interesting.
8th November 2007

Thanks for the warm reception!
Hi Blaine, It was so great to see you again. And thanks for the chat, the smiles, the hugs and your friendship! You are a great ambassador for Whitehorse!!!!!
8th November 2007

Da Plane!
Looks like big seats! Hope so. Hey, did they serve up any Vodka seeing as it was Ice ? airline? I'm tired too! Keep on truck'n
9th November 2007

Bonnie, Bonnie, Bonnie!
So glad to see you here! We have been talking about you.......Carl, Carroll and I! Hope you and Tom are doing well. Lots of discussion and anticipation about a lunch at the hotel in Dubai......... Welcome to the world of the bloggers!

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0404s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb