Wedding: Canadian style!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Toronto
May 26th 2007
Published: May 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The perfect setting....The perfect setting....The perfect setting....

This is the location of the ceremony. Luckily the sun came out just in time.
Yey! After being jealous after seeing all the photos of Sal and Trav's wedding we finally get to go to one! Mark's aunt Cathy got married in Collingwood on Friday 11th of May. And boy was it a party! As you can see from the photos we danced the night away, along with most of the guests which made for an awesome wedding. We did get put to good use though, and after having run many wedding errands are not in any rush to be involved in one soon!

The next morning, Cathy, Adrian and their crazy dragon boating friends decided it was a lovely chance to go for a bit of a hike. 18 bleery eyed people arrived and up Osler Bluffs we went, at a nice leisurly pace thank goodness! It was a beautiful walk, surrounded by big old trees, lots of greenery and millions of trilliums- Ontarios provincal flower. The bush was very quite, much different to home, there was hardly any bird noises at all. That night all the Jones clan- Mark's parents, other aunties and uncle, Barry, Caroline & Heather and Mark's nan went out for a true Candian dinner at Swiss Chalet. Think
Us and the newlyweds!Us and the newlyweds!Us and the newlyweds!

We managed to grab the newlyweds away from the dance floor for a quick pic!
roasted chicked dinners... yummm! And Swiss Chalet has its own special dipping sauce which is delicious. The Jones Clan carried on like pork chops much to the waitress' delight and to Nan's embarrassment- it was great fun!

The weekend continued with events, Sunday being Mother's Day and Mark's great Uncle's 80th birthday! More celebrations and more great food and drinking to follow! It was a big weekend and while the bride had to go back to work on Monday we all stayed in the "condo" in Collingwood to recover!

Last weekend we returned to the condo for one final hoorarh in Collingwood! We were able to catch up with our friends Paul (who worked at the bar with me) and his girlfriend Steph and have a lovely dinner out. After a beer to wet the appetite in a small country town outside Collingwood, we followed Paul's car to a restuarant that he claimed was Ontario's fourth or so best place to dine at. When we arrived we were confronted with what appeared to be a old hangar with a sign saying Ted's Range Road Diner- since when is a Range Road Dine fine dining? Yes Paul, we did
Cutting it up!Cutting it up!Cutting it up!

We pulled out all the moves in order to show those Canadians how to dance!
think you were a crack head when we arrived there as you had forwarned! Once inside we found it absolutely packed, so it must have been ok! Instead of menus there is an eclectic collection of blackboards from which you place your order. We commenced our meal with some aligator, then Mark tried the Elk steak (delicious!) and I dined on seafood. So in the end Paul didn't lead us too astray with his choice of venue!

We returned to Toronto on Monday as it was a public holiday for Victoria Day. The long weekend is aptly named May two four (which means a slab in Australian terms) weekend, as it falls near May 24th and one must parktake in at least one two four of beer in such a weekend! After a good aussie barbeque we headed over to the park near Barry and Carolines to do something I'd never done before.... light fireworks! It is legal in Canada and everyone was having their share of fun in the park. I lit by far the most beautiful firework of our collection.... unfortunately one of the little buggers decided to fly off towards Mark's general direction and preceeded to go off in his ear! Oopps!

Our last week in Canada has seen us doing the last rounds of all the family catch ups. Its been great seeing everyone and getting to know them better- although I am sure Cathy and Adrian will be relieved when we finally leave their abode and let them enjoyed married life!

We are off to Vegas for four days before coming back home on June 1st. We are looking forward to seeing everyone and eventually having you all down to Lorne for a sea change weekend and lots of fresh seafood!

Until then, take care, and we'll see you soon,

Susie & Mark xox


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Recovery hike.... what the?Recovery hike.... what the?
Recovery hike.... what the?

With sore dancing feet the next day we ventured out with the newlyweds and their crazy dragon boating friends for a hike up Osler Bluffs.
TrilliumsTrilliums
Trilliums

This is Ontario's provincial flower. They had just come out for the start of Spring.
TrilliumsTrilliums
Trilliums

It is quite unique- 3 petals and 3 leaves.
Ted'sTed's
Ted's

We had our last night with Paul and Steph- and he took us to this dive?!!
May two four weekendMay two four weekend
May two four weekend

Our own fireworks.... you can't do this at home!


Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0201s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb