Canada oh canada


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Toronto
April 3rd 2007
Published: April 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Canada oh Canada… ay…
Yes, they do (well the majority of em anyways) do say ‘ay’ on the end of their sentences. Weird!

OK, so am lovin Canada from what I have seen, which is not a whole lot, but am still lovin it anyway.

Took the train from Vancouver to Edmonton on Friday. An overnighter which is where I wrote my last blog from. However it wasn’t a bad trip. The seats were reasonable comfy & they cave you lilttle pillows & blankets and eye masks to make your trip that little bit more confortable. Anyway, got to see lots of ice. And I mean lots with a capital L. All, well pretty much all, of the rivers and lakes were still frozen over and those that weren’t were still partially covered with ice. Fields of white!

Arrived in Edmonton about 7pm on Saturday as my train was delayed by 1.5 hours as apparently there were landslides over the tracks throughout the night so many alternate routes had to be taken. Checked into my hostel which was cramped as however did have a kitchen compared to the last one, so that was a bonus.
Pretty much lazed about on Sunday as most of the places weren’t open however I did manage to venture out a little bit to get some food. Went into a little café & stood at the counter for 30 minutes waiting to be served! I wanted takeaway and in all due respect they were busy but the guy who was doing the take-out was an old guy & I don’t know whether he was just blind or didn’t want to serve me. From the general feel of it I think they just didn’t want to serve me which I thought was really rude & also shocked me coz that’s never happened to me before. But it was probably for the better because it made me walk that little bit further to the supermarket to get some “healthier” food.

Edmonton is sort of like a little country town but influenced by modern civilization. Its kinda a weird feel to it, very texas. Not that I’ve been to texas but how I would imagine it.

Went to the West Edmonton Mall on Monday as had to get out of the hostel by 11am but my train didn’t leave until 6pm. Caught the bus down there and got to be the ignorant tourist for the day which was fantastic. That poor bus driver. I had no idea what he was talking about. It may as well have been in japenese or something.
Eventually got there. Meh is all I can say. It is apparently the biggest mall in the world or something like that but its not all that good. Just very exaggerated. It contains an ice rink, sea lion show, pirate cave, its own wet’n’wild kinda theme park thing, 2 hotels, a casino, mini putt putt golf course and loads of shops. And the bit that got me was rather than building it upwards, they built outwards so it spans a very long way.
Its huge.
So spent the rest of the day roaming around there & thought I did a really good job of containing myself with the shops considering how many there were.

So, boarded my train to head to Winnipeg Monday night. Arrived in Winnipeg Tuesday midday & lazed about the rest of the day coz was so tired with no sleep from the train. For some reason it kept stopping & starting. Everytime it started up,though, the driver would jolt the carriages. It was crap.

Winnipeg is a little more with it than Edmonton. It shouts less country however is still right up there from country standards.

OK, so wrote that bit before I actually had a look at Winnipeg. So it is officially a hole in every sense of the word. There is NOTHING there.. like nothing. They have 2 pubs, no real supermarket/grocery store… but they do have Tim Hortons… mmmm.. Tim Hortons.
Its like the Canadian version of Starbucks. But much bigger here. And they serve food, yummy food.

Anywho, survived Winnipeg (just after a bout of homesickness) then tramped on to Toronto where I am now. I apologise for the lack of pics but I will get there at some stage. Toronto is very much like Melbourne city. Spans for days with a huge city centre. I am staying in a hostel downtown which is actually really well situated as it is right near everything.
Am meant to be looking for a job but will eventually get to it. Everything in time.

Anywho, I’m gona keep this short coz I have stuff to do to make up for being lazy yesterday but I wish everyone a wonderful Easter. I am thinking of you all & I hope your thinking of me too.

HAPPY EASTER!!!

Advertisement



4th April 2007

course im thinkin of ya hunny bunch stay well and am missing you heaps !!!!!! xxxx
6th April 2007

Tim Hortons!!!!!
I think you must be missing my home cooking! I hope you haven't lost too much more weight as I need to be able to see you when we get there - not a thin twig! Luv you heaps Keep up the good work Happy Easter - will send an email
15th April 2007

But...Where's the photos or Toronto!!!!
It's been nearly two weeks since your entry but I haven't yet seen the photos! No more of this "good time gal" and get down to the nitty gritty of PHOTO SHOOTS! Come on...no more slacking off... you've obviously been having fun, but in the mean time... Not even a picture of the game you went to Easter weekend!!!!

Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.039s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb