Waiting at the Airport


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Toronto
January 27th 2007
Published: January 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Around the World


Our travels began in a less than ideal fashion. Leaving the house, the temperature was bitterly cold. The coldest day of Toronto's winter thus far. The roads were sloppy with snow and ice. We checked in around 6:00 pm. and were told that the flight was on-time for a 10:30 p.m. departure. We had an entertaining farewell dinner with family and returned to the airport. By the time we got to the gate the flight had already been pushed back to 1:00 a.m. The incoming flight was evidently delayed.

At about 2:00 in the morning the plane arrived. Around 3:30 a.m. they started to board the flight. We were treated to a steller safety demonstration and pushed back from the gate expecting to depart after de-icing. About an hour later, the captain announced that the weather conditions were deteriorating but was optimistic that we woulsd still get off. It was not to be. After sitting aboard the plane for another couple of hours, we got the word that that flight would be delayed 10 more hours. We got off the plane at about 6:00 a.m. and promptly took a cab back home, immediately collapsing in our old beds which had been stripped of the sheets earlier in the day. No one had the energy to make the beds up. The kids were particularly good natured about the experience. They spent most of the night watching Scrubs episodes on the airport floor with no complaints.

We returned later that day and went though the whole check in process again - long lines and all. We finally were airborne at about 7:00 p.m. - an almost 20.5 hour delay.

If we weren't going to be gone for so long, I suspect that we would have resented the whole expereince. However, as it happens, it allowed us a few more hours at the house to tie up a few loose ends which had been overlooked in the rush to leave the day before.


Advertisement



30th January 2007

Hello
Hello Mr.Harte! I'm Avery's friend, Katherine. She highly recommended this site to all of us because of the attractive pictures of her displayed (lol). I really like your blog so far, it's very entertaining to read about the adventures you guys are having. I hope you are all having fun! Katherine
2nd June 2007

lol im Adrinnes friend from canada
HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! waz up ???? add me heart family ibrahim60zillion@hotmail.com... any way waz yp???? make sure adrinne sends letters to moi...:-)

Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0997s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb