Starbucks in Kowloon


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Kowloon
January 29th 2007
Published: January 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

StarbucksStarbucksStarbucks

Starbucks in Kowloon
After an exceedingly long flight, we all crashed for a few hours at the Salsibury YMCA in Kowloon. The hotel was a great recommendation from Norma and Graeme. We are staying in a "family suite" which accommodates all 5 of us comfortably if not somewhat cozily. The first order of business was to locate the nearest Starbucks. After walking around for about 30 minutes, I discovered three close by. The coffee was great.

We had our first attempt at a meal at the cafeteria in the Y. Hotdogs were on the menu which was a tremendous relief to Josh. However, his excitement was short lived. The hotdog arrived with tomato, lettuce and kiwi. The hotdog having come into contact with the kiwi was tainted and therefore apparently inedible. He was able to eat the fries.

We spent the afternoon at the Hong Kong Museum of History. It is a well laid out museum along the lines of the Museum of Civilization in Ottawa. Tonight we will try to catch the fireworks and find a restaurant with kid friendly food.




Advertisement



30th January 2007

Courageous
My god are you people ever courageous. I cant believe that you are setting out on a adventure like this without even knowing whether there is a Starbucks. Like Wow!!!
30th January 2007

pix
Amazing wide angle photography!
30th January 2007

is that a latte?
starbucks!! glad to see you guys getting into the local cuisine. I see Astrid's perplexed look while trying to read the HK newspaper...:)

Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.111s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb