Guelph, On to Sudbury,On


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Sudbury
December 13th 2011
Published: December 15th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Photo 23Photo 23Photo 23

Carol rocking her new Rick Hansen Relay toque!
Hello from Sudbury!

After a long stay in Kitchener, we headed to Orangeville. We were able to swing it between my boss, my BFF and I to have Carol ride along with me in the Motorhome. Hank and I started this week driving vehicles on the main convoy. After the incredible End of Day Celebration that Orangeville put on with us, Hank and I and 4 other team mates went to the Rowntrees for a fabulous deep fried everthing dinner, drinks and as always, lots of laughs. Thank you again Rowntrees and Smiths for your hospitality. I got to have a little visit with Hemi while I was there! Smiths are doing a great job fostering our little guy! He looked great and very happy!

After a short visit in Orangeville, we carried on the Relay towards Aurora. Relaying out of Orangeville was incredible. There were litterally thousands of students and other citizens out lining the streets cheering on our Medal Bearers! We had a short sponsor stop at the Honda dealer on the way out. Carol, they had your car there! Check out the pic. Schomberg joined us in the relay with some antique fire engines and some
Photo 4Photo 4Photo 4

Relaying through Jaycee park in Orangeville
not so antique Firefighters!

Aurora to Barrie was also a great day with large crowds. We had some great Police officers with us, keeping us safe. They were having a blast! They even asked to do the dance with us in Holland Landing before they parted company with us! During their time with us on the road, they managed to give out 2 tickets and made 1 arrest during Relay Mode! The End of Day in Barrie was a big crowd. Great entertainment from local school choirs! Back at the hotel, we had our team Christmas Dinner! Secret Santa gift exchange was a hoot! The next evening in Barrie, Hank and I were invited to the Events Christmas party! Great to see most of my cousins and old friends! Thanks Bennies!

The next day we moved onto Orillia. I came across a "Storm Chaser" just north of Barrie. He had all the bells and whistles on his old little car. Looked like something out of "Back to the Future"! Hawkstone put on a great lunch for us and entertained us with some local talent!

Parry Sound was our next destination. On the way, we passed through Coldwater,
Photo 5Photo 5Photo 5

Relaying through Orangeville
Wabushene and Mactier. Very warm welcome in all these small communities! We had to deal with some snowy, slushy roads for the first time! Parrysound was very beautiful relaying towards the water at sunset. Our end of day was at the Community Centre with the Bobby Ore Hall of Fame. This was Hank and my last day traveling with the main convoy. It was a great week being in the heart of the relay!

Moving onto Sudbury I was back on Shuttle host work with Kayla. We traveled straight from Parrysound to Sudbury. At the End of Day in Sudbury a local company had made a huge cake, only it wasn't cake, it was fudge! That evening the crew went out to the MIC for dinner. This place treated Hank and I very well after the Torch Relay when we had broke down and had to spend 4 days in Sudbury. The next evening we had another crew party. This was the Tacky Christmas Sweater Party! Another great evening! Not sure how many more of these I can handle!

Tomorrow we move on to Espanola. This will be part of the next blog.

Until then, cheers.....love Weedie
Photo 26Photo 26Photo 26

Went to visit Hemi at the Smiths and this was on their fridge!
and Jeepa xoxo


Additional photos below
Photos: 37, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

Photo 27Photo 27
Photo 27

Hemi rocking his new coat!
Photo 22Photo 22
Photo 22

Billy talking with the children
Photo 50Photo 50
Photo 50

Mike our security manager staying safe in Pace from the mobs!
Photo 54Photo 54
Photo 54

Carols wheels! 1972 Honda Civic
Photo 51Photo 51
Photo 51

"Why are those women staring at us?"
Photo 52Photo 52
Photo 52

"Of course you good looking young ladies can have a ride!"
Photo 53Photo 53
Photo 53

The local finest keeping us safe out there!
Photo 12Photo 12
Photo 12

End of Day in Barrie
Photo 13Photo 13
Photo 13

Jake and Hank showing off their Christmas crowns!
Photo 14Photo 14
Photo 14

Storm Chaser
Photo 15Photo 15
Photo 15

Storm Chaser
Photo 16Photo 16
Photo 16

Santa Hank and little Eric!
Photo 17Photo 17
Photo 17

And what would you like for Christmas little Cindy Lou Hoo!
Photo 55Photo 55
Photo 55

Wabushene
Photo 56Photo 56
Photo 56

Talk about Christmas spirit!
Photo 57Photo 57
Photo 57

Parry Sound at sunset
Photo 22Photo 22
Photo 22

Parry Sound


Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0698s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb