Log 16 - Ontario sights


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Peterborough
October 23rd 2009
Published: October 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

These photos are from two delightful towns in Ontario -- Smith Falls on the Rideau Canal and Perth. We visited an historic house in Perth, where the remainder of that 22,000 hunk of cheese resides (you were sent photos earlier). Here are some photos of a quilt for you who are into quilting and needlework and also a remarkable dollhouse.
Smith Falls, in addition to being the chocolate capitol of Ontario, surrounds the middle of the Rideau Canal which runs from Ottawa (the 8 step locks, remember?) to Lake Ontario. If you enlarge the map slightly (you can double click on any photo and it will open up), you can see the canal's route -- and all the water. There's water everywhere one looks in this area. Bob and I stayed in Smith Falls several years ago and took our kayaks through part of the canal and then over a rather large lake -- in the wrong direction, against the wind. Bob had to tow me part of the way, poor thing.
Even though we're home, I'm doing a little catch up with these blogs as I couldn't quite keep up with our travels. There will be another blog on trains and then an odds and ends blog.
By the way, we weren't in Peterborough, but the places where we were just weren't listed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 69; dbt: 0.0466s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb