Blog 8 -- animals and garbage


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Peterborough
October 9th 2009
Published: October 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The Canadians are amazing in their efforts to reduce garbage. At each provincial campground where we stayed, they had bins for glass, plastic, aluminum, compost (including most paper and cardboard, even dairy and meat), and whatever was left -- the garbage. Needless to say, there wasn't much garbage after all the other receptacles were used. Note photo.
I'm also sending some photos of a couple of animals we've seen, some tableaus from the Algonquin Museum, and our other two travel companions, Becky and Jasmine. They're just wonderful travelers and fun to have around, except around 5:00 AM when they decide it's time to rise and play. Also, Becky, a plump kitty, sleeps in a cabinet about 3' over my head and, when she jumps down, she lands on me, which is both startling and sometimes knocks the air out of me. Other than that, they're very much a part of our trip.
We're not in Peterborough but close, Smith Falls where we stayed 7 years ago and I left my cell phone on a pay phone -- and it was mailed back, amazingly! Yesterday was our first full day of sun in Canada. Today is raining again so we'll be doing our laundry.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.266s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 16; qc: 69; dbt: 0.1194s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb