Parry Sound and the Cottage


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Parry Sound
December 29th 2008
Published: December 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Actually we have just got back from Parry Sound. The cottage is wonderful as usual but the weather is determined to thwart us. Kingsley has installed a sauna and some of us managed to get into it before the gale force winds and torrential rain put the power out. The phone wasn't working when we got there but that didn't matter much except that Silas was trying to call us. Mobile phone reception is dodgy at best. The Lake was awash with liquid water over the ice but had all frozen by the time we left. The walk in was hard as we squelched our way through a foot and a half of snow that was being rapidly melted by the rain. Of course once inside with the stove burning it's all very cosy and the temperature was quite mild hovering around zero for most of the time.

I will have to get a card reader for my XD picture card that the camera uses so I can put the pictures up. It might take a couple of days. What with phones, computers and electricity I feel badly let down by modern technology. Perhaps this is a lesson to me not to rely on it too much.

I've just connected the camera so some pictures are coming.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0422s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb