Running Cambodia V2, The Mekong Edition....training days...


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Ottawa
December 7th 2010
Published: December 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Yeah, so, we are a month behind if you're comparing to last year. Oh wait, more than that because we're leaving 3 weeks earlier this year!

Uh Oh! We will actually be in Cambodia this time next month!!

For those of you who kept us going last year, sorry for the 'spam' but your email are still in the blog. You'd like to laugh at us again this year, right?

Well, on to 'this' year, or Running Cambodia V2, The Mekong Edition! Those of you who know us well, know that last year was actually the result of a single comment, totally not planned and well we were not so sure we'd actually be able to make it.

This year is way different! We planned this madness! And no, we're not sure we can do this but you know we won't give up, we will do what we have to to complete the journey.

About the journey...honestly, we do believe in what we are doing and yes we do actually enjoy the craziness it creates in our life, and yes, we DO need your help!

Thanks to your help we made a difference in the lives of over 20 families! Think about that for just a second. YOU, helped 20 families deal with their very real problem of getting clean drinking water!

From the website of our friends the The Trailblazer Foundation....

'The availability of potable water is decreasing as the world’s population increases. In Cambodia, 1 in 7 children die before the age of five from preventable diseases such as typhoid, malnutrition, malaria, dengue. The common denominator in many of these is waterborne illness.'

We have 3 kids and if we add in the people we know with kids, I cannot imagine how we could not do something to help....

Ok, enough of the heavy stuff but it's real and we will make a difference. Please help. Please donate!

Now, besides your money, we need you! We need your thoughts, your encouragement and your laughter, yes aimed directly at us!

This year our intent is to take video and post them for all to enjoy. There's something that comes across in the words and tone that you just cannot get from the pictures. Another goal is to blog live daily, something the remoteness of our last trip did not allow, hopefully it all works out that way!

So come along on the journey, we are looking forward to having you with us!

Jeff/Nat


Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0286s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb