Nat...


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Ottawa
October 29th 2009
Published: October 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Nat here.... Jeff told one part of the story. How do you describe in a few words a journey that began over a year ago, saw us log hundreds upon hundreds of hours running, walking and sometimes hobbling in all weather, from bogs to deserts, over rocks and through water in temperatures that would grill an egg or make you Walt Disney’s best cryogenic tank buddy should you stop moving for only a few minutes. We are the lucky ones.

The kitchen discussion to Nickleback’s songs gave us the seed goal for the adventure, to bring one filter, to try and help one family and leave the possibility that this gesture would pay itself forward, dreaming of the butterfly effect, who knows, that the one person we could help might in turn be the one who will help another, a hundred others, change a nation.

Dan coined it, change the world one emotion at a time. One foot forward, after the other over and over. This is only the beginning entry but one of thankfulness for those who are investing their thoughts and emotions to grow the seed of a dream. To Dan, Ray, the folks around us who break us and put us back together around (Bruce Hamelin gym owner and trainer, Brian Christie, the physical “terrorist” who mends us with ART, and our yoga teachers Zita and Todd who help ground us and restore flexibility), to our kids, Emma, Yannick and Charlotte who make allowances for the times when we need to train and all that this impacts, to family - the parental, the brothers who join us from time to time in so many ways and to Jim “Base Camp” Beacom who unwittingly launched this adventure when he dared Jeff to run a race for which I later agreed to crew and who has logged many miles at our side. Jim: No eye contact - it never happened…

As I type this I also look at the list of things to do and it’s a long one, from logistics to finances and then deciphering the path to becoming a charitable organization without drowning in paperwork, and the daily running with less than ninety days to go. One step at a time and the first principle will see us through: One filter, one family, one emotion at a time.

Bring it on!!!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0682s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1005.9kb