Day 23 - Niagara Falls


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Niagara Falls
October 2nd 2016
Published: September 4th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 43.1066, -79.0642

Day started off slow as everyone was up late and then on the way to breakfast Ella was sick. Eventually had to leave breakfast as she wasn't good. By 11.30 we were on our way to the falls.

We started on the South end of the Canadian side and they were spectacular. You simply can't realise from the photos the vastness or the amount of water going over which is about 650,000 million litres going over the falls every second. We walked along to the bridge to cross into USA when the skies opened so made a run for cover. Went and played Wizards Mini Golf (basically glow in the dark mini golf). Pretty awesome actually, especially when the spider scared Kirsten enough to run away. Also saw the upside down house.

Back to the falls.....crossed the Rainbow Bridge into USA and headed South through the State Park. Very picturesque but the views of the falls are definitely better on the Canadian side, but it was nice to see the rapids. Have decided to do the Cave of the Winds.

There are no words, yes we are saturated, but it was absolutely awesome. The sound and the noise of the thundering falls is absolutely exhilarating. It was so good, we walked through twice. First time stayed reasonably dry, second time, saturated. We all loved every minute of it, it is simply incredible.

Dark storm clouds coming in over Canada, so stopped for dinner at the food hall in USA. By the time we come out, its all looking good again 😊

Tried Beaver Tails....more fried dough, but this time we chose it with Nutella. Yum Yum Yum. No wonder we're getting fatter!

PS - Ella was doing much better by the end of the day 😊





Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Cave of the Wind, Niagara Falls USACave of the Wind, Niagara Falls USA
Cave of the Wind, Niagara Falls USA

Graham, Kirsten and Ella
Cave of the Wind, Niagara Falls USACave of the Wind, Niagara Falls USA
Cave of the Wind, Niagara Falls USA

Graham and Jodie (we're special, notice the rainbow)
Storm brewingStorm brewing
Storm brewing

This is just after we finish the Cave of the Winds


Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0247s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb