Kylie here


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Hamilton
July 21st 2009
Published: July 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Thought it was time I told my side of the story!!!!! The time here has just flown, its good to have the odd day like today just to catch up on stuff. I have baked bread for my celiacs and made healthy food for my diabetic! Going to get Tori to dye my hair tonight, going a bit grey from spending so much time with my husband!! Just done grocery shopping (again), and i've decided that I will have to start going by myself or our grocery budget will be blown before we get half way through our trip! We went for milk and cheese and came $70 poorer. Bit of a mission finding gluten free food, we have a much better variety of stuff at home. We have an oven and microwave so we have been able to cook alright dinners. (full of hidden veges!)
Tori and I enjoyed shopping at the Columbus Market the other day. I remembered going to it when I was here 15 years ago and wanted to show the kids how big it was. Thursdays the busiest day, and it was HUGE. Lots of stalls have the same things, sunglasses, handbags (bought a couple), cheap jewellery. I bought a few books. (The roads are usually pretty straight and i can read while we are driving then I dont have to talk to Paul!) Most campgrounds have a book exchange which has been good. Went to our first mall the other day. We had to go to Christa and Trish's farm first to organise about going to the stock cars that night because Paul had lost his phone and we couldnt ring them. That took awhile, and was the opposite way to the mall. So I programed the GPS for the mall. It said go on the Turnpike (a toll road), Paul said "dont want to go on the turnpike", so I got out the map and told him which roads to take instead. He thought he knew better and took a different road, took us about twice as long than if he had taken the road I said. Im sure he did it just so I didnt have as long to shop!!! Tori and I still managed to get a pair of Skeetchers each!
The theme parks have been great. Tori has loved being tall enough to go on most of the rides she wants too. Her and I waited in line for about an hour to go on the 'Dark Knight' ride at Great Adventure the other day. It said it was a thrill ride so Josh said he would give it a miss and Paul still didnt feel too good from the kids taking him on the teacups (said it was food poisoning!!). We thought it looked pretty good but it was pretty tame, i think even Josh could have handled it! He even smiled on the 'Run away train' roller coaster the other day. We will have him on the big roller coasters before we get home! They have some pretty amazing ones over here. Got a bit worried the other day though when Paul and I were in line for the superman ride and it broke down about one row of people before we were to get on it. We had waited in line for ages so we waited for them to fix it. Had left the kids together outside the ride for about an hour by the time we got back to them, lucky they get on so well and dont fight with each other LOL!
It has been good to catch up with all of the in-laws and to meet the new additions. The kids have had a great time with Ethan and Grace lately, they hadnt met them before, and have been trying to work out how they are related. Are we cousins, uncles, aunties? Too complicated for me to work out!!! Trish has a few things worked out for us to do next week when we get back there before the concert. Did we say we have tickets for the American Idol Top Ten Tour in Atlantic City? Thats near the beginning of August, should be a bit of an experience. Have booked a motel there for two nights within walking distance of the concert. I went out for dinner with Trish the other night to an Irish pub, it was really nice. They had live music and food made with lots of gluten!!!
We have stayed at nice camp grounds so far. Tori has made friends with a few kids. Most camps have had things organised at the the weekends for everyone to join in with. I think of Mel when I use some of the showers, some aren't that flash!! At this camp you have to pay a quarter for the shower so the kids have learnt not to take too long in them or you still have shampoo in your hair! We have got the camper pretty much sorted now. Took a while to find places for everything, can't leave things lying around or there is no where to sit or sleep. Good thing is that it doesn't take long to do the housework, Lisa you would love it, only 2 minutes to mop the floors!
Am missing my morning walks (and gossip catch up!). The family complains if I walk too fast around the place.
Well now i have learn't how to do this blog thing I could probably do it more often. Have a busy couple of days planned so will write about those soon.
from Kylie



Advertisement



26th July 2009

way to go Kylie...nice to hear your side of the story........
26th July 2009

well hello
Hi Kylie, great to see you finally made it to the computer - interesting to hear "Your" views. Did you go to Jacksonville outlet mall to get your skeechers - that's where I bought 4 pairs - so comfortable, and just throw them in the washing machine when they get smelly!!! Whanau is the word you are looking for when it comes to working out how Josh and Tori are related to Ethan and Grace!!! much easier than Josh and Tori saying their father and Ethan's step grandad are brothers...............complex family trees, thank goodness there aren't too many complex and double barrel surnames as well. Your trip sounds so amazing, sounds like all the trips Paul's ever been on all rolled into one long one, plus some more to make it really interesting. Thanks for all the effort you are all putting in with the blog, makes us feel like we are there with you, still haven't won even $10 in lotto, so won't see you this week sadly., love to all Julianne and co
27th July 2009

great to here your version. you still sound sane. we miss you on the walks. si has me practically running,my legs are ok now tho so i can almost keep up. am liking the 2 min mopping, think i may trade in my place. good luck with the hair dyeing give blonde a go!!
27th July 2009

Yayyy - Its Kylie
So nice to hear yr side of the trip Kylie!!! Love the refreshing honesty and witty comments - (miss that on our morning walks -). Really enjoying reading all about yr travels. The Niagara fall photos were amazing:) You guys are experiencing some gr8 things. Have a good week. Love The Jammies. xox
1st August 2009

showers
Ha giving me nightmares about the showers god I hate that but i try, He did, you know, go the wrong way on purpose it's a conspiracy they (blokes) have going on...awesome to hear from you

Tot: 0.179s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0566s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb