Steamboating


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Ajax
January 9th 2012
Published: January 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

StateroomStateroomStateroom

One of many categories on the American Queen. This one has the doors open up to the promenade area.
Steamboating!

Have your ever dreamed of travelling on the Mississippi River? Have you ever dreamed of travelling back in time to the great plantations of the south?

Memory flows deep and sentiment eddies and swirls along the Lower Mississippi River. Once divided by these very waters, when cotton was king and the plantation lifestyle was at its zenith, the North and South were at war, each armed with conflicting visions of what was worth dying for. Look back as each battlefield and grave marker has a story to tell.

The Great American Steam Boat company is back! The magnificent American Queen (The First Lady of the Mississippi) is back in business!

I had the chance to travel on the American Queen about 8 years ago before the company that originally ran her filed for bankruptcy. It was probably one of the BEST trips I've ever been on...and I really didnt know what I was getting in to.

I urge you to add this trip to your bucket list. The company is restarting in April of 2012.

If you havent had a chance to look it up try out their website at .www.greatamericansteamboatcompany.com. Trust me...you will
The ParlourThe ParlourThe Parlour

Great social meeting place and/or quiet times.
enjoy!

Bon Voyage!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

The Grand SaloonThe Grand Saloon
The Grand Saloon

Modelled after the Ford Theatre.


Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0507s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb