Ferry Day


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Nova Scotia
September 2nd 2013
Published: September 3rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

St John New BrunswickSt John New BrunswickSt John New Brunswick

The way down to the harbour
What a difference a day makes. Maine has had flooding over a wide area , luckily New Brunswick was overcast as we journeyed to the ferry terminal. The ferry took 3 hours for the short journey to Digby NS. A bit choppy in places but not too rough. It was an old style P&O type ferry but only holding half the traffic and passengers. Still a rest for me before travelling on the new highway from Digby to Halifax. The speed limit was more generous on the island with 100 km to 110 km. They obviously have trouble with USA citizens as it kept saying this is metric speed limit. Most other cars passed me by as I stuck to the limit. The 3 hour drive was great until we reached the outer limits of Halifax and the google directions bore no similarities to the road system. By now there was fading light and heavy drizzle. A stop at a gas station was the answer as the people there knew more than our previous stops. The directions given at this stage took us to the infamous rotary locally and onto the correct road for the hotel which is situated on Chocolate Lake. No it is water not a lake!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0368s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb