Journey from St.John's Newfoundland and Labrador to Halifax, Nova Scotia


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Nova Scotia » Halifax
September 27th 2015
Published: October 1st 2015
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Journey from St. John's Newfoundland and Labrador to Halifax, Nova Scotia


Once we hit Channel-port Aux Basque we discovered that there was no Wal-mart in this town. We had no choice and were going to have to breakdown and rent a hotel, unfortunately every hotel in the town was booked up :'(. In the end we resorted to sleeping in our seats in a Tim Horton's parking lot, needless to say it wasn't a great sleep. The next day we boarded the ferry and to our luck we got a free hot meal. There was problems with one of the ferry's a couple days ago and the passengers had to be delayed so they scored a free lunch and decided just to give it to everyone; it was nice to have some real hot food rather than the protein bars/shakes we've been living off of. There were a lot of hunters on board (as moose hunting season had just opened up in NL) with their moose meat in the cargo below; one hunter had so many coolers packed on his truck with moose that it almost looked like the back of his cab was scraping the ground. Once we hit Nova Scotia we spent the night at a Wal-mart in Sydney, NS. The next morning we hit the road to Halifax, NS. On the way my car hit its 100,000kms mark.


Additional photos below
Photos: 53, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

IMG_0256IMG_0256
IMG_0256

Free meal!


Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 10; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0748s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb