Halifax, Nova Scotia


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Nova Scotia » Halifax
October 1st 2015
Published: October 2nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Halifax, Nova Scotia


What a busy time in Halifax. During our first day in Halifax we poked around the town and booked a hotel room at the Atlantica through hotwire. We visited the local Community Living in Halifax which is located in a elementary school. The next day we went to Peggy's cove which is also the most photographed place in Canada. It was a beautiful day with a fairly strong wind which made for good waves (As you will see in the pictures). That evening we strolled along the wharf and saw Theodore the tugboat and visited the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic for free. As we walked passed the museum Tabi went to check the hours and saw that it was free Tuesdays 5:30p.m. to 8p.m. With our luck it was Tuesday and 5 p.m (they even let us in 30 minutes early). The next day we toured Dartmouth across the bridge to see sites of where they shot scenes of the Trailer Park Boys (and of course we had to indulge in some pepperoni later on) and then returned to Halifax to tour the Alexander Keith's Brewery. It was quite an experience. We then went to "Your Father Moustache" for supper with 1/2 ribs and happy hour priced beer. The next day Haifax was going to be receiving 50mm+ rain and rain in the next few days of the forcast. Since we had done some of the majority of the attractions on our to do list we headed to PEI a couple days early. Enjoy the pictures and yes there is more than just waves. I just got camera happy with all the waves at Peggy's Cove.


Additional photos below
Photos: 216, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

IMG_0334IMG_0334
IMG_0334

Cape Spear. The most photographed place in Canada.


Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0611s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb