The Cabot Trail


Advertisement
Published: June 19th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Day 8 -

Today was an amazing day! We left the campground in the "Bug" around 10:00 in a very thick fog. I was feeling very disappointed that our drive to and around the Cabot Trail was going to be a bust. After driving for about an hour towards the coast, the sun started to break through, the fog burned off, and it turned into a beautiful day. Before long the amazing scenery was before us. The coast line is lined with mountains and cliffs with different shades of blue, green and bro,wn. Once in the National Park, we entered the "Highlands" and the scenery got even better. The Cabot trail is named after an Italian explorer named John Cabot. He sailed under the British flag, sponsored by King Henry VII, to find lands west of the Atlantic. There is disagreement as to where he first landed in 1492. Some say St. John, Newfoundland, others claim it was Cape Breton.

We drove the entire coastal route. Our GPS sent us down a road coming back, and after going about 10 miles, we came to a ferry landing. The ferry was on the other side of the channel, and a sign was hung on our side that said the Ferry was not in service. After cursing the GPS, we turned around and found the correct road. We ended back at the campground around 5:00. It was a very long day, but certainly worth it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement


















20th June 2023

Love your adventure.
20th June 2023

Nice Pics
Beautiful pictures! Looks amazing there.
20th June 2023

Beautiful
Looks like you both had a great day! The scenery is beautiful Did you get oysters?
20th June 2023

oysters
No, we have not had any. Saw them at one place, $4 each!
22nd June 2023

The Cabot Trail
I love enjoying The Cabot Trail while sitting on my couch. It. Looks like a great trip.

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0596s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb