Another day on the road, but finally in Nova Scotia!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Nova Scotia » Amherst
June 13th 2023
Published: June 13th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Day 2 was another long ride, but here we are in Nova Scotia. We did not get a super early start, about 10:00 after having the propane tank filled, but the roads were not busy so the drive was pleasant. Crossing the border was uneventful. The customs agent was a very friendly young women. She asked all of the customary questions, including how much alcohol we had on board. Luckily, we knew ahead of time we could only have two bottles each, so we were good. No questions on Meat , poultry, veggies etc, like some of our other border crossings. Ray had pulled in his big side mirror before pulling up to the window and she asked if he always drove with it in this position. He said yes, I like to look at myself while I am driving. This initiated a lot of laughter from all of us. She then sent us on our way.

As on any trip we have taken, there were issues. First of all I discovered we had no hot water. I was NOT looking forward to taking cold showers. Luckily, McIver was able to pin point the problem and fix it. The second problem was the back up camera stopped working. That is going to be looked at in the morning.

We have stopped for the night at a great campsite in Amherst, NS, and will be starting our cocktail hr, or two, followed by a delicious dinner of hot dogs and beans. Life is good!

We will have more pictures and be visiting points of interest starting tomorrow, so I will say good night for today.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



14th June 2023

So excited to see that you are sending updates. Love reading about all your adventures. Looking forward to seeing NS and all its beauty..safe travels!!
19th June 2023

Enjoy your trip, it will be inter I am sure.
Have fun and be safe!

Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0165s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb