King's Point Berg


Advertisement
Published: February 9th 2016
Edit Blog Post

We are making our way across the Island, we started in St. John's and drove over to Gander. We stopped for the night and resumed our trek on our way to Grose Morne National Park. We left Gander in the Morning and drove west past Grand falls and came across King's Point, I had heard there was a nice size iceberg out that way. We turned off the TCH and headed for King's Point. A few minutes later we all we could see was this humongous Iceberg so close to the shore, it was amazing. This is the biggest one I have ever seen, it was drawing quite the crowd to this small community. People were snapping pictures, one guy jumped in and swam out to it he was braver than I that water is pretty cold even in August. Also, its very dangerous to get that close as Icebergs are temperamental and they can collapse at any time we saw some of the berg fall away while we were there. I saw on the news later that day that this Iceberg completely disintegrated later that night, so I feel very lucky that we were one of the last few people to lay eyes on it. Hope you enjoy the pictures.... It was a really great start to our vacation.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

King's Point BergKing's Point Berg
King's Point Berg

Crazy person swimming with Berg


Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0412s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb