21 Days in Newfoundland - Day 5: Middle Cove Beach, Silver Mine Head Path


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Newfoundland & Labrador » St John's
September 10th 2017
Published: September 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

The day started as the second day of a four day rain warning. Regardless, I decided to visit Middle Cove as planned and if nothing else I can at least get wet beachcombing Middle Cove beach. After scampering around the beach, collecting the mandatory few rocks, I noticed the Silver Mine Head Path trailhead up along the cliff. I checked it out and decided to venture along the path a km or two then return. The rain did subside for the majority of the hike but the trail was extremely wet. Upon reaching a point where the trail was submerged in water, and since my enthusiasm for bushwhacking was non-existent, what a wonderful opportunity to turn around. All in all my hike lasted about an hour. Like most of the East Coast trails, the trail is quite rugged. Along the trail towards Torbay there are many opportunities to see wonderful scenic coastal views. On a fine day it would be a wonderful hike and only about four km one way. Off to Bonavista Bay tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

The trailThe trail
The trail

Submerged. Time to turn back


13th September 2017

A Bit Wet!
Great photos and wonderful views. The trails seem well marked but a tad wet. Was it slippery as well? Continue to enjoy.

Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0377s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb